PDA

View Full Version : newspaper

George M
07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi,
Looking for a place that makes newspapers. I need a full-looking paper where I can design the ENTIRE contents of the front page. Everything I have found is just one story. And only one place had more than just one page (for a frame), but it again only had one story. It was trixie something or other. Any leads? Thanks.
George
btw, my kinkos was no help either.

Sad Max
07-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Your best bet is to do it yourself - or have it done - in Illustrator or Photoshop, and output on a large-format printer.

chriscurl
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
A small local printer may be able to help, could certainly print on newsprint. But you would probably have to be willing to pay for a run of 50 or so.

craigbowman
07-10-2009, 04:40 PM
A small local printer may be able to help, could certainly print on newsprint. But you would probably have to be willing to pay for a run of 50 or so.

Doing a broadsheet style newspaper on newsprint requires use of a webb press, not a sheetfed press which is the style of press most "small" printers use. Just getting a webb style press up to speed will spit out 30-40 copies.

So check around for a printer that can handle broadsheet size, webb offset printing on newsprint.

Sad Max
07-10-2009, 05:18 PM
For a one-off or two-off, use a standard large-format printer to print a document with the appropriate background color on suitably textured paper.

Trust me, when we need to make custom newspapers for prop use, we do not go to outside printing houses. Using a standard printer is much cheaper and faster, and yields perfectly satisfactory results.

craigbowman
07-10-2009, 06:21 PM
For a one-off or two-off, use a standard large-format printer to print a document with the appropriate background color on suitably textured paper.

Trust me, when we need to make custom newspapers for prop use, we do not go to outside printing houses. Using a standard printer is much cheaper and faster, and yields perfectly satisfactory results.

Now why didn't I think of this? Duh! Must be Alzeimers or something kicking in.