PDA

View Full Version : Sync 3 HPX-300s

Code Rad
07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I am looking into getting a 3 x HPX-300 camera broadcast system and was wondering if the AV-HS400A mixing board can provide genlock out to the 3 cameras?

If not, what device is needed to sync them?

Thanks in advance!

suthvid
07-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the AV-HS400A will sync the signal without genlock, similar to the Sony Anycast, or the Sony DFS 300 (which I used to own). Plug and play. Just make sure you order the input/output modules you need for your application.

earmarkcreative
07-07-2009, 10:08 PM
The HS400 has built in frame synchronizers on each of the inputs so you can throw anything at it. It will accept tri-level sync but won't output it, in case you wanted to use the HS400 as the sync generator. It will however output blackbust (SD sync/genlock).

cheers

Code Rad
07-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for your response. So what would you need to sync everything? Is there an external sync/timecode generator?

I have been trying to find information on this and it seems to not be covered much.

Thanks again

earmarkcreative
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
The frame synchronizers in the switcher negates the need for having an external sync generator. Depending on what other devices are in your setup and if they require/accept genlock, then you might need to consider a Tri-level sync generator. If it's just the three cameras into the switcher for iMAG purposes you can let the frame synchronizers in the switcher do the work.

A good low-cost tri level generator is the AJA GEN10. It has a maximum of 6 outputs so for a system with more than 6 components requiring genlock (cameras, vtrs, etc) you would need a DA to add the additional outputs or use the genlock loop-out/through option on certain components.

Code Rad
07-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks so much for your help!

Ben Digedig
07-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Is this device then going to delay the pix by a frame causing audio sync issues? D

earmarkcreative
07-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Test. Test. Test. I don't think it will be a significant issue but then I haven't worked with this specific combo before. If you have no time to test it before your shoot I would say go with an external sync generator that syncs all your gear.