PDA

View Full Version : VoltaicHD and long clips etc

PappasArts
06-29-2009, 07:08 PM
I downloaded the trial version. Very streamlined. Like how it's an application that runs on it's own.

What if I have shot a clip that is 5 minutes long, however I only need the last 10 seconds. Do i have to render/convert the useless footage of 4:50 seconds which is a lot of rendering time?

Also the GH1 pulldown. Do you use auto detect or the other settings?

Im getting about 3 minutes render time for 10 seconds of 1080/24 footage on 2.33 duo core mac. Is that normal?

Any chance in the near future for a 4:2:0 >>>> 4:2:2 out ?

I haven't tried NeoScene out, so I have no reference which one is faster or over best quality.... So any suggestions or personal experience would be nice to hear..

PappasArts
06-30-2009, 01:30 AM
I downloaded the trial version. Very streamlined. Like how it's an application that runs on it's own.

What if I have shot a clip that is 5 minutes long, however I only need the last 10 seconds. Do i have to render/convert the useless footage of 4:50 seconds which is a lot of rendering time?

Also the GH1 pulldown. Do you use auto detect or the other settings?

Im getting about 3 minutes render time for 10 seconds of 1080/24 footage on 2.33 duo core mac. Is that normal?

Any chance in the near future for a 4:2:0 >>>> 4:2:2 out ?

I haven't tried NeoScene out, so I have no reference which one is faster or over best quality.... So any suggestions or personal experience would be nice to hear..

Hello! Knock Knock! Hello!

GMC
06-30-2009, 04:56 AM
I was testing with VoltaicHD quite extensively (on Windows Vista PC) - I am not shure if the trial which is available for download is doing the correct pulldown. Justin from shedworxs supplied me with a beta version which is doing the correct pulldown, using "auto detection". As far as it seems you have to convert the whole clip - not possible to convert only the last 10 seconds.

I wonder why it took so long to convert the clips on your system. On my Vista 2.3GHz dualcore it was about one minute for a 10sec clip.

Apart from that, VoltaicHD is a nice tool, especially for the pulldown and conversion in one step of the 1080i60 wrapper (to 24p).

best regards, Gunther

PappasArts
06-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I was testing with VoltaicHD quite extensively (on Windows Vista PC) - I am not shure if the trial which is available for download is doing the correct pulldown. Justin from shedworxs supplied me with a beta version which is doing the correct pulldown, using "auto detection". As far as it seems you have to convert the whole clip - not possible to convert only the last 10 seconds.

I wonder why it took so long to convert the clips on your system. On my Vista 2.3GHz dualcore it was about one minute for a 10sec clip.

Apart from that, VoltaicHD is a nice tool, especially for the pulldown and conversion in one step of the 1080i60 wrapper (to 24p).

best regards, Gunther

Thanks for the response Gunther!

Grrrrr , so you can't select parts of a clip . This forces you to waste time/ computer time & file storage until you can edit the junk out...

noirist
10-12-2009, 06:50 PM
You can select parts of a clip using the PhotoFunStudio HD that comes with your GH1.