PDA

View Full Version : d-mount zoom angenieux?

JB_frenchy
06-26-2009, 03:52 AM
-sorry just realized that i post it in the wrong place-

hello,
first i have to say that after spending a lot of time on this forum, i finally get my gh1 and it's great! so thanks for all the great threads here that made the wait less painful;)

i just bought this http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=360162961237
for cheap,
i know that mounting d mount on a gh1 isn't really ok, too small image circle and apparently no adapter available...
but do you know if in theory it is possible? even if the vignetting is huge, i'd like to know how to modify the mount of the lens to fit on my c mount adapter or any other trick...

anyway, if i can't use it, maybe that's the beginnig of a collection, those angenieux lens are really well made (good old times when french were at the top ;)

thanks

Park Edwards
06-26-2009, 10:43 AM
actually you can zoom in on the sensor 2x or 4x for lens like that and your vignetting will be gone. so i've heard. as far as adapter, as those guys who make them on ebay if they can come up with something.

dvbrother
06-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Actually, you can only crop the sensor to 2x and 4x when taking stills. It does not work in Movie Mode. I think D-mount lenses, which were primarily for 8mm film cameras, would have a very small image circle, since many C-mount 16mm lenses vignette heavily. I don't think there's an adapter for D-mount lenses anyway.

xbourque
06-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Pretty sure I saw Kholi post movie clips that were shot in cropped mode. It was his girlfriend chopping vegetables or something...

-X

Solomon Chase
06-29-2009, 01:15 PM
2x and 4x crop are available in movie mode. I've shot a couple clips.

Barry_Green
06-29-2009, 03:42 PM
2x and 4x "digital zoom" are available. The 2x crop "extended optical zoom" is not available in movie mode. Digital Zoom is just image magnification. The 2x crop "extended optical zoom" actually samples a full-res image from a smaller patch of the sensor. That would be what you'd want for using a c-mount lens, but it's not possible in movie mode.

Chibs
07-06-2009, 01:28 AM
It's impossible to mount a D-mount lens in any way, except for super-macro. Any D-mount lens has a flange register of 12.29mm, versus the 20mm of 4/3rds. Now C-mount has 17.526 (Though most lenses vary greatly), but as the adapter is recessed in the body, it can make up for the small difference. The D mount would have to be deeply recessed, which is impossible.
Otherwise I'd have some lovely Switars and Yvars from my Bolex...

JB_frenchy
07-06-2009, 10:17 AM
ok thanks chibs for the info, but how do you know that there is not enough room in the body of the gh1 for the extra 5mm to adapt d mount? i have a c mount adapter and it seems that there is still some room left behind.
and why would it be possible for super macro?

thanks

Shingoshi
09-23-2009, 12:41 PM
-sorry just realized that i post it in the wrong place-

hello,
first i have to say that after spending a lot of time on this forum, i finally get my gh1 and it's great! so thanks for all the great threads here that made the wait less painful;)

i just bought this http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=360162961237
for cheap,
i know that mounting d mount on a gh1 isn't really ok, too small image circle and apparently no adapter available...
but do you know if in theory it is possible? even if the vignetting is huge, i'd like to know how to modify the mount of the lens to fit on my c mount adapter or any other trick...

anyway, if i can't use it, maybe that's the beginnig of a collection, those angenieux lens are really well made (good old times when french were at the top ;)

thanks
That really is one very pretty lens. I commend you on your find. I found this link also looking for a ("d mount" "c mount" adapter). I've been shopping a lot lately on Ebay, trying to find lenses for a digital CCTV camera upon which I'm building a low-budget video camera. This morning, I started thinking about the d-mount. I've seen it mentioned before, and figured I would give them a shot. So I'd appreciate any knowledge anyone has on this subject.

Thanks,
Xavian-Anderson Macpherson
ShingoshiDao

Shingoshi
09-23-2009, 12:48 PM
It's impossible to mount a D-mount lens in any way, except for super-macro. Any D-mount lens has a flange register of 12.29mm, versus the 20mm of 4/3rds. Now C-mount has 17.526 (Though most lenses vary greatly), but as the adapter is recessed in the body, it can make up for the small difference. The D mount would have to be deeply recessed, which is impossible.
Otherwise I'd have some lovely Switars and Yvars from my Bolex...
I'm using a 1/3" ccd chip in a digital CCTV camera.
Does the flange distance on D-mount lens match that of the C-mount? I'm guessing here that the D-mount has a larger diameter that the C-mount? Also, in the event that my assumption is wrong about the size, I think the the flange distance of both mounts are nearly identical. So is there no D-mount adapter for the C-mount? I continue looking for more information.

Again, thanks...
Xavian-Anderson Macpherson
ShingoshiDao

antiochuswilson
10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
d mount images here some nice quality close ups...so it is being done.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=133185