PDA

View Full Version : Lens

GrahamRobbins
06-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Hey guys I am thinking about picking up a GH1 to play around with, I am not sure what lenses I should pick up for it though. Also if there a way to avoid using panny lenses with the GH1 any way to put a Nikon lens on it? My budget is about 2400 for the camera, and lenses.

Kevin I
06-25-2009, 12:01 AM
You can get a Nikon -> Micro 4/3 adapter. There are a number of suppliers on eBay, mainly coming from Hong Kong.

What kind of subjects do you like to shoot?

If you do a lot of people shots, a 24mm lens will give you approximately the same angle of view as a 50mm normal lens on 35mm film (2x crop factor). IMO, this focal length also provides a nice working distance between your camera and subject -- not too close, not too far... i.e. not too far to get good audio from an on-camera mic.

A lens like the 50mm F1.8 would be great for portraits, but if you're shooting video and are limited to an on-camera mic, then the camera-subject distance for a loose headshot might be a bit far for good audio from a talking subject.

Of course if you have an off-camera mic and a sound guy, you're all set. :)

Martti Ekstrand
06-25-2009, 12:37 AM
There's a "GH1 Hardware, Lenses, etc." section here with the description "discusss lenses, hardware rigs, etc." that's overloaded with info for you.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=181