PDA

View Full Version : Junket to Japan?

sunburst
06-24-2009, 08:21 AM
How much to fly to Japan and back, with a small group [ from L.A.? ] , and pick up cams?

How much for one person?

commanderspike
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Haha that's a nice idea.

It may be cheaper to go to Hong Kong or Taiwan. Both areas have Japanese and PAL GH1's available at a lot less than the US RRP.

sunburst
06-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey commander, wherever is cool.

requirements:

1 cheap flight

2 stocked camera store near airport.

3 reasonable hotel

4 girls. make that fast girls. [ Make that REALLY fast girls.]

Length - within budget. I'm sure we would go wild shooting second unit stuff!

drk3p
06-25-2009, 12:21 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Personal-Shopping-Service-from-Japan_W0QQitemZ290325078710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item4398b922b6&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1215|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

There you go, your own personal shopper.

sunburst
06-25-2009, 12:50 AM
thanks, but that guys prices look pretty high.

supposedly their should be BIG discounts { like 35% } to buy in person, right?

Half the point it to TRAVEL there. If you get the cam cheap, it pays for
half the trip.

This could be a blast! I really want a destination that has "dating". Also
primo asian locations to shoot.

anybody know? { you can P.M. me if you prefer }

thanks,

kyotonils
06-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Kyoto. Capital of Japan for more than 1,000 years (Tokyo is just a flash in the pan), cultural heart of the country. We've got the cameras, the scenery (17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, about the same as the rest of the country put together) and I'm up to my ears in single girls who want to get fixed up. If you are looking for "dating" in quotation marks, I assure you there is no major city in Japan without reasonably-priced "dating" establishments where foreigners are welcome.

sunburst
06-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Kyoto. Capital of Japan for more than 1,000 years (Tokyo is just a flash in the pan), cultural heart of the country. We've got the cameras, the scenery (17 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, about the same as the rest of the country put together) and I'm up to my ears in single girls who want to get fixed up. If you are looking for "dating" in quotation marks, I assure you there is no major city in Japan without reasonably-priced "dating" establishments where foreigners are welcome.

wow. thanks for reply. thought this thread was DEAD -lol. What u say sounds cool.

It's been a while since I researched this subject. I recall reading about "PINK
SALONS" in Japan. I think the name was. they sounded awesome, yet I got the vibe
they didn't want foreigners,

On a different note - I actually posted to some legit. foreign dating sites to see what
would happen. I mean just random local girls, right?

I definately got some dates lined up in Hong Kong, or Thailand, or Phillipines.

BUT - just about NO japanese women responded.

I guess my approach HAS TO BE different. [ I know a guy married to a Japanese girl, and she is pretty weird. ] Or maybe I'm not hitting the right sites. { I prefer a FREE site, to test my approach }

Any tips for approaching these single Japanese girls, as a mid aged handsome white
USA guy? { charming, but speaks about ZERO Japanese }

Anyways. "dating" as you catch my drift would solve that problem. Any
links to sites with more inside info?

thanks!

[ anybody can PM me if you got more info = or wanna go! }