PDA

View Full Version : 22nd Shipment happening?

paulgandersman
06-21-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm starting this thread as a lot of people who ordered cameras have been told that theirs will ship out on the 22nd (tomorrow). I am included in this batch. if you are a part of the "22nd shipment" (if its even real) please post here if you have any updates on yours being shipped, and I will as well. this includes your card being charged, receiving a UPS number, hell, even the camera just showing up at your door, and anything else. Come on 22nd-ers, lets get them fingah's crossed!

edit - i know there are already like 2 other camera shipping threads, but there have been a good deal of people being told theirs will ship on the 22nd and I want a place to keep up with just those people over the next few days.

edit - also, if it wasn't clear this is about the Panasonic Direct June 22nd shipment.

paulgandersman
06-21-2009, 08:12 PM
my status as of Sunday June, 21st 10:12pm (central):

Credit card NOT charged, No emails, Panasonic Direct Order Status still states "Pre-Order - Ships June 2009"

filetitan
06-21-2009, 09:26 PM

Credit card NOT charged, No emails, Panasonic Direct Order Status still states "Pre-Order - Ships June 2009"
same, I was told by customer service to expect delivery upcoming week and that I should call tomorrow and confirm.

chaos
06-21-2009, 11:54 PM

same here.

let's make this happen!

woodyu388
06-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Panasonic Direct site now says in stock. Just ordered, email said ship date of today. I don't know how reliable the estimated ship date is, but others who have ordered while it said "In Stock" last week have received cameras already.

paulgandersman
06-22-2009, 08:34 AM
were you immediately charged?

upshot
06-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I still have orders in with J&R (may 5th) and panasonic 'shopatron' (may 24th)..

When I call....

J&R still says "mid july"

panny/shopatron says "item is on backorder, no further information"

filetitan
06-22-2009, 09:34 AM
guys things are not looking up =/

paulgandersman
06-22-2009, 09:37 AM
why do you say that? upshot's order was shopatron, therefore not included in the panny direct 22nd shipment

joenami
06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
I ordered June 10 from Panasonic Direct.

My online order status online still says First Month Available - June 2009.

Called 20 minutes ago and was told that the cameras are in stock, my order is in process and should be shipping out soon.

filetitan
06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
why do you say that? upshot's order was shopatron, therefore not included in the panny direct 22nd shipment

Well Paul, from my standpoint (I am leaving town Friday and I remember, so are you) as of today 0 news besides "strange, we will check and call back later" and if we don't have anything tomorrow, I could kiss this camera good bye for my upcoming trip.

upshot
06-22-2009, 09:45 AM
How the **** do you order from panasonic directly? I literally called them and placed my order in late may. Now they are telling me: "you need to talk to shopatron not us.. here's the number"...

upshot
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Called 20 minutes ago and was told that the cameras are in stock, my order is in process and should be shipping out soon.

WTF? I was just on the phone with panasonic and they said that the website is wrong, needs to be updated, and sorry there are NO cameras in stock, you need to talk to shopatron.

filetitan
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
How the **** do you order from panasonic directly? I literally called them and placed my order in late may. Now they are telling me: "you need to talk to shopatron not us.. here's the number"...

I just went to their main website what the hell is this shopatron?

filetitan
06-22-2009, 09:49 AM
things are going sour quick..

woodyu388
06-22-2009, 09:57 AM
were you immediately charged?

No.. hopefully I will be soon.

paulgandersman
06-22-2009, 09:59 AM

THIS is good news! i'm calling right now to get an update.

paulgandersman
06-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Well Paul, from my standpoint (I am leaving town Friday and I remember, so are you) as of today 0 news besides "strange, we will check and call back later" and if we don't have anything tomorrow, I could kiss this camera good bye for my upcoming trip.

i guess i'm just trying to stay positive :) been so negative on this thing for so long, figured it was time to try something different! and like you, i definitely need this camera on Friday. sigh :/

edit- wow, been on hold for 16 minutes so far, this is my new record for panasonic.

paulgandersman
06-22-2009, 10:21 AM
well finally got through, longest hold for panasonic ever, over 20 minutes. all they could tell me was that my order is still on track to ship out today. at least they're giving me a consistent story now.

upshot
06-22-2009, 10:29 AM
This is so wack!! I just 'cold called' and ordered today. The guy said 'MY system is showing the camera IN stock' and I asked if I could get the order in NOT THROUGH SHOPTRON. He said that it's a 'roll of the dice when he places the order'.... drumroll... My order was processed 'DIRECTLY' and he thought that it 'should' ship tomorrow. WHO THE HELL KNOWS THOUGH!

This is the weirdest pre-order I've EVER gone through and I've seen quite a few over the years.

paulgandersman
06-22-2009, 10:32 AM
btw, the system that they look at? they're looking at the website and just placing the order for you over the phone. nothing fancy. it could still easily be a website mistake.

Isaac_Brody
06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
There's not much differene between this thread and the other shipment thread. So only keeping one open for kvetching.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=173023