PDA

View Full Version : GH-1 available on ebay!

sunburst
06-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Don't know if anyone noticed, but there's a new Japanese vendor on ebay.
Looks legit imho. Looks like you could get the Jap model in a couple days. $ 1500 start bid.

{ Kholi says he regretted getting rid of his, maybe he'll comment here } Japanese menu only. Not sure if this is a deal breaker.

{ ps I just saw it, I have no relationship with vendor -lol }

Cassius
06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
I saw it a few days ago, it's been there at least that long. The shipping is high, but not too bad for getting a quick ship from Japan. Personally I'm not sure why so many people in such a massive hurry to have this right away, but it's not that hard to find anymore for those who are. Quite ridiculous that we still have to go that route to get it, though.

durangotang
06-20-2009, 02:25 PM
"Quite ridiculous that we still have to go that route to get it, though."

What do you mean by this?

Cassius
06-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I mean that Panasonic's distribution isn't handling this very well. We're in a global market now, as things like this show, and they should have been on top of that.

[edit]
I just looked at Ebay again, and this is different than the one I thought. Body only, but still $1,250 after shipping. I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not. I like the body only option, though, assuming the price works.

Mike@AF
06-20-2009, 02:51 PM
They should just have a menu option to switch between English and Japanese language menus. Then they can just make one huge batch of cameras that works for both markets. Might solve some of the supply problems. But sometimes these big companies just don't do things that make sense and they do things that don't make sense.

sirk
06-20-2009, 05:52 PM
They should just have a menu option to switch between English and Japanese language menus. Then they can just make one huge batch of cameras that works for both markets. Might solve some of the supply problems. But sometimes these big companies just don't do things that make sense and they do things that don't make sense.

I know exactly what you mean, but I'd say it's a bit more complicated than that.

plasmasmp
06-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Hmm cant you load the english firmware on this? Might have to wait for the 1st firmware update, unless someone can dump it off there NA camera.

Kholi
06-21-2009, 09:34 AM
If this camera had a Kit Lens with it I'd buy it right now. One .JP and one .US camera.

Kit Lens is a MUST have with this sucker. It's the go-to lens for everything, especially exterior daylight work that needs some sweet... sweet stabilization.

sunburst
06-21-2009, 11:03 AM
thats strange, Kholi,

the same vendor had the camera WITH lens the day I looked.
But your right, now he says body only. I wonder what changed?

sunburst
06-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Hmm cant you load the english firmware on this? Might have to wait for the 1st firmware update, unless someone can dump it off there NA camera.

thats a great question, whether its possible or not, anybody know?

I understand the EXTERIOR controls are pretty much universal symbols.

plasmasmp
06-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Its $1182 USD for a Lumix GH1 with kit lens from Amazon.jp. Hmm... tempting :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

Kholi
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Don't tempt me too. I really want to hold out for US cams but might just have to split the diff JUST so I can have one again. Sniffle.

Kevin I
06-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Just wanted to confirm that on the Japanese model, all the physical buttons are labeled in English... but the menu system is Japanese-only.