PDA

View Full Version : Biohazard hood

Studio595
06-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey guys.

In my new film "The NorthGuard Project" there's a specific scene where i need about 4 biohazard hoods/ suits.

I'd like it so that the actual part where the talent looks through is polarized enough so that you can't see their face, however, they can see you (like those aviators that cops wear)

Anybody have any ideas on how to replicate this? If you do, you're a huge lifesaver :D

Sad Max
06-19-2009, 10:30 AM
You can buy motorcycle helmet visors with the finish you're describing. Perhaps you could purchase four visors, then work out a way to incorporate them into the headgear that goes with your suits.

Cassius
06-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Buy or rent regular hazmat suit heads, put something less transparent on the inside to obscure vision. Your talent also wouldn't be able to see out very well, but it sounds like they don't need to wear them too extensively anyway.

Mattykins
06-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Be aware that those full bio suites don't have any way of breathing without an air tank. So if you zip your talent in there without some way of allowing them to breath - they will die (unfortunate byproduct of limited air supplies).

Studio595
06-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Be aware that those full bio suites don't have any way of breathing without an air tank. So if you zip your talent in there without some way of allowing them to breath - they will die (unfortunate byproduct of limited air supplies).

Thats what my DP said. The suits wont be fully zipped up, but they can breath fine :D

btw, nice sig