PDA

View Full Version : What colors are available?

eleison
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know what colors are going to be available in the United States? I'm looking at either the red or the blue. The black is to "business looking" for me. Not only do I like the red or the blue one better, but I think when shooting, my friends and relatives would be much more comfortable.. Its not like some professional, slick looking photo equipment stuck up on their face.. :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG) (but little do they know, the quality is still good)

RS-Colo
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Initially in the U.S. only the black model will be available. World wide there are two other colors: red and gold. There is no word the blue color found on the G1 will ever be offered, or when anything but black will be offered in the states.

eleison
06-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Darn, how was Kholi able to get his red colored camera?

RS-Colo
06-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I think he's British or at least got his advanced release from Panasonic UK.

eleison
06-18-2009, 09:39 AM
So basically, if I want to get a colored camera I need to buy it online from a European country.. oh, well, I guess I'll do that..

RS-Colo
06-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Are you sure you want PAL instead of NTSC? I'm pretty sure that the UK uses the PAL encoding, not the NTSC encoding we use here in the U.S. Also, the cameras sold in the EU have a 30 minute limit on the length of a video recording.

As Henry Ford said, "You can get it in any color you want as long as it's black". I'd either get black or wait for Panasonic to offer one of the other colors here.

DonalDuc
06-18-2009, 09:46 AM
some dealers in Germany offer/offered red GH1s (PAL !)

FotoErhardt and dnet24 delivers (now) in red.

Pana Switzerland also delivers in champagner (or red or black)
http://www.panasonic.ch/de/Produkte/Endverbraucher/Digital+Still+%26+Camcorder/LUMIX+Digitalkameras/G+Micro+System/001002001005/DMC-GH1KEG9N/beschreibung.html

paulgandersman
06-18-2009, 09:46 AM
if you buy a european camera, you'll be stuck with a 30 minute record MAX because of their stupid tax laws.

DonalDuc
06-18-2009, 09:51 AM
it's annoying - but think, how often (yawning) a clip is longer than 30 minutes!

Terminator4 - as three 30-minutes-clips ... :-)

eleison
06-18-2009, 10:02 AM
if you buy a european camera, you'll be stuck with a 30 minute record MAX because of their stupid tax laws.

Boy, that sucks.. not to mention the PAL thing... it'll probably be at least a year before any of the colored cameras come to the states.. Boo booo.. Maybe canada has colored ones?

John Caballero
06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
I think he's British or at least got his advanced release from Panasonic UK.

LOL. He is not british nor was his camera. Was Japanese and black color. Philip Bloom IS british and was using a PAL red colored camera that was provided by Panasonic in England.

I'm pretty sure that the UK uses the PAL encoding, not the NTSC encoding we use here in the U.S.

The new members should read this forum a little more thoroughly.

not to mention the PAL thing

??????

dmoreno
06-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Color NTSC GH1's can be, for now, only bought in Japan (that I know). The menus will be in Japanese, but they say they are easy to understand, mostly graphic, some words in english, some in japanese.

Color PAL GH1's can be bought in Europe, UK if you want english menus (not sure about other European GH1's but I guess they will have different languages in their menus), they will have the 30 minute clip limit. It's been said that PAL models with no time limit can be bought in Asia, China I think.

rajagiri
06-19-2009, 04:27 AM
i think black model will be avaliable

nathankw
06-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I've just seen a gold one advertised on a UK site:

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=7136

That's bling-tastic!

Martti Ekstrand
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Paris Hilton won't leave home without it, this it the cam of choice for shooting in dark hotel rooms - I'm looking forward to the next 'leaked' video.

Kiri
06-19-2009, 10:08 AM
I have the other problem. I want black, but all the blacks are sold out here in Osaka. There are LOTS of red ones and some gold available..

Martti Ekstrand
06-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I actually wanted the red model so I could go "Hey Jimbo, I got a scarlet camera!" but the first one that showed up here was black and I was too eager to play so I grabbed it.

Abstract Photog
06-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Darn, how was Kholi able to get his red colored camera?

Koli had a black Japanese model.
Philip bloom has a Red PAL GH1 from EU

Final Design Studios
06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm actually hoping for the black version. I think it'll look too "fisher price" if it's red.

I'm already rolling up to a shoot with an itsy bitsy camera, no sense in dashing the little confidence people will have in it on the sharp pointy rocks at the bottom of the cliff.

Pitrs
06-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I got my GH1 today - the red one. I wanted black initially, but they are only red and gold
now here in Czech Republic - in Europe. Itīs PAL version with menus in English, Japanese and 13 European languages.
BTW ... the red one isnīt bad at all