PDA

View Full Version : This camera rocks

Soroush Shahrokni
06-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Hi all,

After having chased this camera since mid may I finally got one yesterday. I have been shooting with it non-stop as soon as it was fully charged. This camera rocks. It's a beauty...so organic...oh, and the battery is still nearly fully charged!

I want to thank all members in this forum, specially people such as P.Bloom, Kholi, Illya and others for all theire valuable info regarding settings and such, you saved me so much time, thanks.

I shot all day using my Nikon 17-35 f/2.8 and 50 f/1.4D and I couldn't be happier. I'm so glad I chose this camera instead of the 5d in the end.

This is probably the camera that I have been dreaming about for the last 11 years. Cannot even compare it with my D90 (talking video here) and it blows any camera that I have ever owned for the last 11 years (Canon XL1, XM1, DVX100, JVC HD100 + M2 adapter, D90).

Even if everyone stopped making new cameras today I would still choose this little camera over any other camera in the market, YES, RED, 35mm, S16mm and all other 500kg cameras out there with better "brains" included.

ratatosk
06-17-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi Soroush

Just being curious here, exactly where did you get the camera? I'm also located in Stockholm, but I haven't been able to find a single store that has one.

Also, I second Soroush greetings to all the brains on this forum. You are invaluable.

Norbert
06-17-2009, 05:24 AM
Just being curious here, exactly where did you get the camera?I second that question.
I haven't found it anywhere in Sweden yet either, but I have only been looking for it online.

Soroush Shahrokni
06-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi guys,

I have been number one on the Scandinavian Photo and Panasonic Center list since mid may. One member here managed to snap one from Panasonic Center ahead of me and yesterday they got one more...since I have been calling them 3-4 times per week I heard about it and rushed to pick it up. They said that they wouldn't get a new batch until July 15th.

Probably Scandinavian Photo will get a couple prettty soon though...but if you are not on theire list chanses are pretty slim that you will get one anytime soon though!

Good luck guys, it's worth every krona!

Martti Ekstrand
06-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Haha! I went there in person two hours after the announcement at March 3rd and bothered them weekly until they delivered me one. The staff hadn't heard of it themselves when I came in demanding to put in an order and it wasn't in the order system for more than a month so they had my business card stuck to the wall with a paper note. They have a webshop here: http://panasoniccenter.se/

Soroush, I think we could be founding fathers of "Rocking GH1 Users Club Sweden" :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

Soroush Shahrokni
06-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Haha! I went there in person two hours after the announcement at March 3rd and bothered them weekly until they delivered me one. The staff hadn't heard of it themselves when I came in demanding to put in an order and it wasn't in the order system for more than a month so they had my business card stuck to the wall with a paper note. They have a webshop here: http://panasoniccenter.se/

Soroush, I think we could be founding fathers of "Rocking GH1 Users Club Sweden" :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)
WoW, hahaha. You sure deserved the first one. :D

My girlfriend was getting sick and tired of me watching GH1 and 5D footage from the moment I came home. :D

Founding fathers in Sweden...haha, I like that! :)

This little beast is more than good enough for projection (handled correctly) and my Nikon glass give the image just the look I want...hardly need any tweaking in post. I wish I could have gone a little more wide thoguh (17mm=34mm). The footage from yesterday reminds me of 16mm footage we shot in film school.

Sorry for all those that are eagerly waiting, I feel ya.

ratatosk
06-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Panasonic Center think they will get a new batch july 15th at the latest. "Probably sooner."

Scandinavian Photo got a few that they have delivered already, but they think there might be a batch of red ones coming "mid june", which is now.

We'll, I'm on both the black and the red waiting list at Scandinavian since late may, so I guess I'll find out which color comes first.

Solare
06-17-2009, 09:08 AM
My girlfriend was getting sick and tired of me watching GH1 and 5D footage from the moment I came home. :D

hm... I'd reconsider my relationship...:Drogar-Thinking(DBG

Kholi
06-17-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty jealous of you right now. =(

Osslund
06-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Kul att ni fått "leksaken" :) Jag får hålla mig till sensommaren...

A bit jealous.

Norbert
06-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Darn. I am on no waiting list yet and I figure it might take a while before things settle down. Oh well, gives me some more time to ponder the GH1-mud VS good-old-reliable-HV20 question.