PDA

View Full Version : Low Light Streaks - Is my camera faulty?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Park Edwards
11-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I shot a still pic at 100 ISO...pixel peeped and the banding is visible...F THAT...this better go away.

kit lens?

nobbystylus
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
ok, i've read through about 30 pages of this thread. Thanks to those who've taken time to look into the banding issue.

My new GH1 has some kind of low light banding.

BUT it is only viewable when RECORDING. It is a very visible red line going from the top to bottom about 20% in from the right hand side. It shows up always on ISOs above 400.

I can't see any line at all until i hit record and then in under exposed areas i can see this red line. It is viewable with the resulting movie clip.

Does this sound like a different issue?

chrismagicc
11-24-2009, 11:33 PM
that sucks! you might have a faulty cam :(

Psynema
11-25-2009, 05:24 AM
kit lens?

no

Park Edwards
11-25-2009, 07:52 AM
i don't get it. never had a problem with banding, while others see it right out of the box. maybe the japanese models are immune to it.

nobbystylus
11-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Its pretty bad on mine, the red line is fine when i've got a well exposed image, but if i'm upto 1600ISO even on a reasonably lit room i can faintly see the red line. Thats as well as what look like darker 'smudges' or banding both vertical and horizontal. The 'smudges' are always there, but the red line is only there when i hit record.

Park Edwards
11-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Its pretty bad on mine, the red line is fine when i've got a well exposed image, but if i'm upto 1600ISO even on a reasonably lit room i can faintly see the red line. Thats as well as what look like darker 'smudges' or banding both vertical and horizontal. The 'smudges' are always there, but the red line is only there when i hit record.

it's 1600iso man. why? that's just recipe for banding at that high of an iso.

nobbystylus
12-01-2009, 06:33 AM
I only went up to 1600 so i could see how bad the RED LINE gets, but i can see it as low as ISO 400 if its an underexposed shot. 'Banding' on the other hand, goes away completely if i'm under around 800 ISO.

Ben_B
12-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Red line sounds like a sensor defect independent from banding, in which case you should send it back...how about posting some screen grabs here?

nobbystylus
12-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Red line sounds like a sensor defect independent from banding, in which case you should send it back...how about posting some screen grabs here?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40538854@N08/4151029836/sizes/o/

You can see it on the right hand side, a vertical line. IT ONLY APPEARS WHEN I HIT RECORD. The other faint 'banding' you can see in this shot i can cope with but this red line is bothersome.

This shot is of my wall at ISO 1600, Shutter 300 (so as to make it dark) using the kit lens, but i also get this when using my FD glass.

I would send it back but i'm about to go away for a month travelling (and filming) and bought the camera now so i could use it while i was away.

Martti Ekstrand
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
That's a defect sensor - think designbydave had a similar fault and Panasonic fixed it.

nobbystylus
12-01-2009, 11:40 AM
ok, good to know.

I was given an extended warranty so i guess it could wait until i get back from travelling but i'd kind of prefer to have it fixed before i go. How long does anyone think it'd take panasonic to replace/fix this?

Martti Ekstrand
12-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Search for posts by designbydave here, I think he gave some details on how it went down. But largely I think it can vary greatly depending on your location.

Mattsan
12-01-2009, 12:53 PM
my banding was terrible when new but over time has almost gone completely

I also found shooting low light with DYNAMIC setting helps reduce noise even with the newly found 32000 ISO setting

Psynema
12-02-2009, 01:53 AM
my banding was terrible when new but over time has almost gone completely

I also found shooting low light with DYNAMIC setting helps reduce noise even with the newly found 32000 ISO setting

I'll have to give that a try then.

3200 actually boosts the EV so if anything it reduces the streaks - just void under exposure while your sensor adjusts

nobbystylus
12-02-2009, 07:02 AM
The shop i bought it from ("ASK" in London's Tottenham Court Road), were very cool and swapped the body for me. It now seems MUCH MUCH less noisy in the LCD screen when at low light, as well as the horrible red line now being GONE!! I'm also seeing a lot less of the 'banding' i was seeing, so maybe the sensor in my first camera was just all round pretty dodgy.

Thanks to "ASK" for being very cool and swapping the body with no argument.

Ozpeter
12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks to "ASK" for being very cool and swapping the body with no argument.Perhaps that's the same body which is being passed around all the people complaining in this thread! I do wonder (in general, not in relation to "Ask" in particular) how often returned stuff (apart from totally dead) actually gets sent back through the supply chain for repair, and even if it does, how carefully it's checked at the repair facility before being repacked and resold.

Jerry_R
12-29-2009, 02:52 AM
BANDING GONE

I was owner of one of the first GH1s in EU. I also observed huge banding, what I noted earlier in this thread. I sold that GH1.
Few weeks before, I bought new GH1, also PAL. I have installed most recent firmware. Few days ago - I recorded few samples in low light, the same room as tested with first GH1 I owned.

There is huge positive difference! Almost no banding at all, and that one that exists, is only in darkest areas, but anyway, is much more smaller than with my first GH1. It just doesn't bother you, as it was earlier.

sourcekings
12-29-2009, 06:54 AM
im hearing the same thing from everyone it tells me this isnt the cam to get. feels like id take it back and get a canon 7d

stav1606
12-29-2009, 07:55 AM
feels like id take it back and get a canon 7d

Not at all, feels like waiting for the next iteration. It is a ground breaking camera and I hope Panasonic takes into consideration the faults of this one and corrects them for the next one.
I would not change all the positive aspects of GH1 for a Canon one.
I love everything about my GH1, the articulating screen, the battery, the follow focus, the intelligent auto, the amazing lens with 10 times zoom, the size and weight of the body, the lack of mirror etc. The only thing I would like improved is the codec and perhaps a better dynamic range which i hear is already announced for the next sensor.

Jerry_R
12-29-2009, 09:07 AM
My feelings are the same. I left Canon 5D II and do not regret at all.
GH1 still has more positive aspects. I am collecting lenses which I will use with GH2 or how it will be named.

Anyway, everybody has free will. For sure Canon is good too!

stav1606
12-29-2009, 09:19 AM
GH2...
What will we still find to wine about when a GH2 withe better codec and less banding comes?

d1rockwild
12-29-2009, 01:34 PM
agc, headphone jack, "video out" whiling filming (hdmi or comp.), native 24p.

lunged
01-19-2010, 08:29 AM
I just feel the need to post this somewhere, and this thread seems like the place.

Just this morning when I turned my GH1 on to shoot some video (in the same conditions I always do, with the same settings), I was noticing some pretty severe banding. I thought the most widely accepted remedy was it going away over time… but now many months of use later, and I suddenly have a banding issue on my PAL model GH1 with the latest firmware(s). I haven't decided what to do yet. I'll give it another day before contacting Panasonic. This is the camera I work with every day, so this is unacceptable and very frustrating, to say the least.

Park Edwards
01-19-2010, 12:57 PM
bummer man. mine's never had streaks. guess i'm lucky.

Oetam
01-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi,

I'm going to be shooting a short with minmal lighting a 24mm 2.8 FD lens.
And ISO's up to 400.
It is going to be quite dark, and on purpose underexposed.

A lot of blacks and blues, I'm I going to get this kind of noise? And how could I avoid it?

Dman17
01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone. Are these low light streaks visible on the GF1? Have anyone had the opportunity to use a 14-140 stock lens on a GH1 and a GF1?

nobbystylus
01-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Hi,

I'm going to be shooting a short with minmal lighting a 24mm 2.8 FD lens.
And ISO's up to 400.
It is going to be quite dark, and on purpose underexposed.

A lot of blacks and blues, I'm I going to get this kind of noise? And how could I avoid it?

I find that the 'banding' is very un-noticeable at ISOs of less than 400, even in the dark. If you are still underexposing though, either get a faster lens, or add a bit more light to the scene. Ramping up ISO to 800 and above does tend to mean seeing banding in very dark areas in your scene.

Jerry_R
02-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Have a read: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=200440

Svart
02-23-2010, 07:35 AM
I would swear that when I got my GH1, the banding was incredibly bad. The bands were purple, yellow and blue both vertical and horizontal, with the horizontals being the worst. They seemed to originate from the bottom right corner of the picture/video.

The first thing I did when I got this camera was go to creative mode and setup everything manually. Pointed at a light gray wall, ISO 200/400, 1024 w/50shutter, 50mmF1.4, the banding was horrendous. I mean totally unusable. I would swear that the camera was broken. And yes, histogram and meter confirmed proper exposure.

I took it out and did some day shots, noticing the banding all over the place even in broad daylight.

I've been using it off and on for about 2.5 weeks now and I can say that the COLORED bands have greatly diminished. The purple, yellow and blue bands are almost completely gone at this point, leaving only the faint blinking and black bands even at 1600ISO now.

So I think there are TWO different sets of bands people are seeing. Most folks are posting pics of the black banding I've been seeing but I never see pics/vids of the horrible color bands that I've seen and read about. Those seem to be the ones that go away with time.

So being a skeptic of the "burn-in" as well, I placed my camera in front of the gray wall from hell(just too easy to get banding on it for some reason) and set it for maximum banding. I let it sit for 12 hours while I slept.

I would swear I see a slight difference.

I know it's implausible, I'm an EE and I don't believe in "burn-in" for any solid state devices but I'd swear that at ISO1600, things look better. :undecided

Maybe it's not "burn-in" at all, maybe there is some routine in the NR system that "adapts" over time? Maybe it needs to sample larger periods of time to work out the NR?

nobbystylus
02-23-2010, 09:47 AM
yeah, having shot with my camera every day for a month while travelling i can actually see the shots gradually losing the banding over time. The early stuff i did inside has very noticeable banding at ISO500 and higher, but by the end of the trip i can see only very small amounts of banding at ISO1600..

necone
07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone,
solved but not completly. If you bad light condition it's batter get higher ISO then lower. If you use 800 ISO you get better image oposite you choosen 100 or 200. One more notice. AVCHD is better quality in low light condition than MJPEG. Everythink is only compromise:(

Beernardo
08-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Does anybody knows if the new GH2 will have this issue as well? If they fixed it, there will be a horde selling their GH1's on ebay to upgrade, including myself

Barry_Green
08-22-2010, 07:00 AM
There has been no announcement by Panasonic that there even will *be* a GH2, so no, nobody can know whether there will be any differences in any supposed GH2.

Of course, we all think there will be a GH2, but I'm just pointing out that the company has never announced any such product, nor shown it, nor described any features or improvements to it, so nobody knows anything about it.

swyzlstyx
08-22-2010, 07:13 AM
....and I wouldn't exactly call banding an "issue" with the camera. Compare footage with the GH1 shot with the 20mm f1.7 at ISO 1600 and footage shot with your favorite prosumer camcorder with the gain cranked up to full blast...then decide which camera has an "issue."

Besides, beta testing with the GH2 ended three months ago...I've already had to send my test model back to Panasonic while they do final production runs before the big official release coming next month. But I CAN tell you this...I'm trying to buy another GH1 off eBay...a RED one.

the doc
08-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Saw some deer in my back garden today - got the kit lens out to look at them.... pretty disappointing.

Ok - not the best light... but it wasn't THAT dark. The exposure seemed to be OK on the in camera guide when I put the ISO up to 400.

Can i just check... is this banding noise... not the fixed patten noise that I hear about?

And how would you pros deal with this... is having a faster lens my only solution (obviously I can't light deer any better!)

77rD_Rq48Js

n8ture
08-22-2010, 06:01 PM
That's exactly the reason why you see a lot of wildlife shooters with 300f2.8's and 600f4's

I made the investment in fast Nikon glass years ago. Thought I would never use it after I stopped shooting stills. Kind of glad I hung on them all these years.

the doc
08-23-2010, 03:26 AM
That's exactly the reason why you see a lot of wildlife shooters with 300f2.8's and 600f4's

I made the investment in fast Nikon glass years ago. Thought I would never use it after I stopped shooting stills. Kind of glad I hung on them all these years.

Yeah well - i am pretty dissapointed... it didn't seem that dark to me and they were only about 100-150ft away... I thought shooting in these conditions would be a no brainer when i shelled out a grand on this camera! :cheesy:

I am on the lookout for a good lens for surf footage - but wildlife stuff would also be part of its remit - are you saying that 300 / 400 primes is the way to go? Any particular reason to choose Nikon over others? I would prefer a zoom at those kind of focal lengths but not sure where to go with that?

rigs
08-23-2010, 03:48 AM

Besides, beta testing with the GH2 ended three months ago...I've already had to send my test model back to Panasonic while they do final production runs before the big official release coming next month. But I CAN tell you this...I'm trying to buy another GH1 off eBay...a RED one.

Sounds like you where not impressed with the GH2 you where lucky enough to test.

Lpowell
08-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I am on the lookout for a good lens for surf footage - but wildlife stuff would also be part of its remit - are you saying that 300 / 400 primes is the way to go?
This is the fast auto-focus zoom that does it all for me:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/fourthirds/standard.html#14-54f2

If you want to stay within ISO 400 at dawn or dusk, you definitely need f3.5 or better. I sold my Lumix 14-140mm kit lens on Ebay for $500 and haven't had a single regret.

bonobored
08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Saw some deer in my back garden today - got the kit lens out to look at them.... pretty disappointing.

Ok - not the best light... but it wasn't THAT dark. The exposure seemed to be OK on the in camera guide when I put the ISO up to 400.

Can i just check... is this banding noise... not the fixed patten noise that I hear about?

And how would you pros deal with this... is having a faster lens my only solution (obviously I can't light deer any better!)

77rD_Rq48Js

Shoot ISO 800. Even film cameras have to use increased "gain" (ISO) or a faster lens or film stock. Video gets banding, film gets grain. And other stuff. No free lunch.

Blackout
08-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Shoot ISO 800. Even film cameras have to use increased "gain" (ISO) or a faster lens or film stock. Video gets banding, film gets grain. And other stuff. No free lunch.

That looks very strange, like there is some dirt or dust in your lens element on the lower left side.

Open your lens and clean everything, then do a sensor reset, sensor clean... ect...

the doc
08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
That looks very strange, like there is some dirt or dust in your lens element on the lower left side.

Open your lens and clean everything, then do a sensor reset, sensor clean... ect...

Woah - you serious? I thought everyone had this.

You can't see it in good light at all.

Got me worried now.

rigs
08-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Doc I watched it in full 1080p and it looks like an object of something intruding on the lens or sensor to me. The noise/banding is not as defined as what I have seen on your video.

kainekainekaine
08-23-2010, 04:59 PM
I noticed exact same thing other day on some blue sky footage of my hacked gh1.

kainekainekaine
08-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Just had a look again at the footage of the sky I took. Its there on all hacked modes, MJPEG, AVCHD 1080 and 720p.

the doc
08-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Just had a look again at the footage of the sky I took. Its there on all hacked modes, MJPEG, AVCHD 1080 and 720p. Its same prob as yours but top left corner like a worm, instead of straight. I thought it was due to being stopped down, if your footage isnt stopped down and you dont have any major dust on sensor or lens I wonder what is causing it. I know what gradient banding looks like and I know what the noise/black banding looks like but this looks like neither. This is a brand new camera by the way. I could see it in bright sunny daylight at iso 100 but as I say at 1/50th f16 due to having no nds at the time. It was so easy to spot as I was shooting the blue sky.

Now that is interesting.

I just checked my kit lens and my sensor - both seem immaculate. I am using Lpowells settings for the hack as well though... coincidence?

kainekainekaine
08-23-2010, 06:07 PM
I will try and recreate it. Its hard to see most of the time.

kainekainekaine
08-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Having trouble making the problem reappear. I will test it at the same place and time tomorrow. Can you make your problem reappear easily Doc? Mine is a brand new camera and it was the first time using it, its a 09 model. Maybe its burnt in.

the doc
08-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Having trouble making the problem reappear. I will test it at the same place and time tomorrow. Can you make your problem reappear easily Doc? Mine is a brand new camera and it was the first time using it, its a 09 model. Maybe its burnt in.

Well - I shot again tonight in similar light - this time the ISO was up to about 600 I think. Would appreciate if folks could look and decide if there IS something wrong with my lens/ sensor. All I see is banding (you lose some detail on youtube - but can see it in 1080)

The banding still sucks - but I would like to know if this is the average user experience or if I have something weird going on.

SGgIDm9-4cY

reggietelly
08-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Numerous low light tests lead me to the conclusion that the GH1 ( or at least my Gh1) isn't cut out for it. It also hates flat surfaces. I have done most of the hacks and am now on the highest settings. In sunlight and a detailed frame the footage looks fantastic. I mean really fantastic. The mud has gone and the detail and clarity is astonishing even with 720p. So I have no issue with it in daylight.

But take it inside at night with low light and you have to be incredibly careful. It does not like flat surfaces with single colours. I had a horrid banding on a cream wall that appears as a massive semi circle expanding out in daylight shot at iso 200. It's a compression artefact of AVCHD so MJPG is better for flat surfaces, although MJPG seems to put a fixed grain pattern across the picture. But if you are careful it does do low light with a few caveats.

It is first gen I bought it soon after it came out in Australia which was a while later than the rest of the world.

I am still not convinced with the GH1 in low light but give it light and it really sings

the doc
08-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Yeah well - I accepted the low light limitations a while ago... but was a bit dissapointed that shooting outside at dusk didn't cut it... I thought that was pretty basic.

Would appreciate it if someone could review those videos I posted though and confirm whether I have a real problem with the sensor / lens or not... as i said - they look clean to me.

kainekainekaine
08-31-2010, 07:43 AM
Both mine are 09 serials Red and Black cameras. I think the more you use the camera the more the banding / other problems might reduce.

kainekainekaine
08-31-2010, 07:46 AM
Yeah well - I accepted the low light limitations a while ago... but was a bit dissapointed that shooting outside at dusk didn't cut it... I thought that was pretty basic.

Would appreciate it if someone could review those videos I posted though and confirm whether I have a real problem with the sensor / lens or not... as i said - they look clean to me.

Lpowells settings dont work well in low light shutter settings I think. Maybe thats causing problems.

ian_h
09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Can't say for absolutely sure, but I don't think the AVCHD settings make a difference. I've tried diff settings and I'm currently on LPowell's. When I changed settings it didn't seem to alter the banding problem.

However... just got my second body from Taiwan - the 1.2 Jap versions from Thiside1. Both cams from same batch (I think). Flabbergasting! My first body is horrible. Almost unusable in bad light - banding all over the shop. My second one is a revelation... clean as a bell and completely usable with no trace of banding underexposed at 1600ISO.

I suppose I could be bitter about the first body, but to be honest I'm so relieved and excited by the second I couldn't care. What the hell is up with Pannie's quality control I've no idea, cause that's shameful...!

Ben_B
09-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Been playing around with the GH1 in extreme low light and I've noticed a few things:

Banding is less likely to be noticeable in highly textured areas that are in critical focus.

Foreground objects are less prone to noticeable banding as they appear higher texture.

The fixed pattern noise, rather than the flickery banding, is less noticeable if you hold the camera very still.

I've noticed that if you're shooting things in very low light and are having banding problems you can try framing closer to your subject, eliminating things that aren't going to be in critical focus...the texture of critical focus makes the banding less obvious. Cameras with a higher bitrate codec will do better because they're going to be resolving more detail. Defocusing your background will not solve banding.

dasbin
09-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Ian_H:

There's a thread on here where a few people have attempted to prove/disprove the existence of banding varying between cams, with no luck so far. My own tests on a first-run GH1 vs a Dec '09 Jap GH1 (from Thiside1) showed no difference. You would do us all a huge favour if you could post comparison shots with the same settings in the same scene showing any difference.
Also, what are the serial numbers of the cams? That way we can tell if they are from the same batch. There is a date code in the serial number.

Ben_B
09-10-2010, 10:58 AM
See http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=222669 for some new thoughts on banding and how to avoid it. Pictures and tests!

x_WOrPIG_x
09-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Can't say for absolutely sure, but I don't think the AVCHD settings make a difference. I've tried diff settings and I'm currently on LPowell's. When I changed settings it didn't seem to alter the banding problem.

However... just got my second body from Taiwan - the 1.2 Jap versions from Thiside1. Both cams from same batch (I think). Flabbergasting! My first body is horrible. Almost unusable in bad light - banding all over the shop. My second one is a revelation... clean as a bell and completely usable with no trace of banding underexposed at 1600ISO.

I suppose I could be bitter about the first body, but to be honest I'm so relieved and excited by the second I couldn't care. What the hell is up with Pannie's quality control I've no idea, cause that's shameful...!

Do you think you can upload some stills comparing both cameras on the same scene same setting at 1600 iso? What first 4 digit serial # is your second body?

lsocorro
09-23-2010, 05:59 PM
The same happened to me working both in ASA 400 and 800, no matter the mode.

Tyler Knight
03-14-2013, 07:15 PM
I need to put this to rest right away. There is a SERIOUS issue between sensors! I have had a GH1 for about 2 years now and it has always been amazing very minimal banding even at high ISO. I just purchased another body and it arrived today and I have been shooting with it all day doing side by side shots along side my original one. I can't get rid of the vertical banding even at 100iso in bright light! There is a serious sensor issue! I will try to get some footage tomorrow and mount both cameras on one tripod with identical lenses and put the footage side by side. you will probably vomit when you see how bad this new one I got is! I am so furious I want to throw it at a wall!

Tyler Knight
03-14-2013, 08:48 PM
The issue here is that I have two gh1's one is absolutely perfect and I can shoot indoors with the kit lens in lowlight with no banding, this new one I can't even shoot in full sunlight (properly exposed of course) without seeing banding. No mater where I look it is there.6838568386

there are two examples of photos both on 3200 iso with the 14-42 fully zoomed at 1/20 shutter speed and you can see the difference between them as far as banding. I am uploading a video right now showing a video with both cameras using the same lens and settings and the differences are insane! This is 100% proof that there is something wrong with the sensors not the shooter. I have been a professional videographer for 18 years and I know how to properly expose a shot. I purposely underexposed the video that I will post to show that my original gh1 could handle it with no banding ( sure there is noise) but no vertical banding. The newer one I just got shows banding no matter what!

GHKAM
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Oh, ok GH1...are they hacked?

Tyler Knight
03-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I did shoots with both the blackout 24p patch and stock firmware and made no difference besides cleaning up the details in the shadows etc. It is definitely a sensor issue as hacking the camera won't affect photo quality and you can see in the photos above how obvious the difference is even at exact same settings!

here is a video I just shot using the two cameras to compare the vertical banding issue and I'm hoping once and for all we can all agree that there is a problem! It's not shooting conditions as my GH1 doesn't show the lines as this other one does even in underexposed areas.
https://vimeo.com/61861570
I purposely under exposed to emphasize the banding on one but not both cameras even at same settings.

Don't say it is because I used the kit lens either as the point is not that lowlight doesn't look great with the kit lens, it's the fact that one camera looks completely different than the other!

I will do a shoot tomorrow hopefully in full light using my nikon E series 50mm 1.8 to show you that the problem still exists on this new GH1 even at 100 iso in properly exposed conditions.

Bruce Foreman
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM
I need to put this to rest right away. There is a SERIOUS issue between sensors! I have had a GH1 for about 2 years now and it has always been amazing very minimal banding even at high ISO. I just purchased another body and it arrived today and I have been shooting with it all day doing side by side shots along side my original one. I can't get rid of the vertical banding even at 100iso in bright light! There is a serious sensor issue! I will try to get some footage tomorrow and mount both cameras on one tripod with identical lenses and put the footage side by side. you will probably vomit when you see how bad this new one I got is! I am so furious I want to throw it at a wall!

Send the one you just got back for a refund if you can. I wouldn't keep it. As a matter of fact it is likely time to "let go" of the old technology and move into something newer, a GH2 if you can find one.

Or a GH3.

Tyler Knight
03-14-2013, 11:24 PM
I have messaged the seller with the video and photos showing how bad his unit is and I am waiting for a reply. He better give me a full refund including shipping that's all I can say! I love my Gh1 and I only got this one because I am shooting a wedding in Cuba and didn't want to have to bring my full size camcorder when I could bring two gh1s instead! But looks like this one is going back. I will buy getting a GH3 as soon I get money for a GH3 haha! I just read through all 57 pages though and people could not agree that the sensors were faulty! I was just proving to everyone since I have two now.