PDA

View Full Version : avoid Panasonic update ...

DonalDuc
06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
... if you use 3rd party batteries :Drogar-Shock(DBG): :happy: :Drogar-Happy(DBG):

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/info/dsc_battery.html

androoow
06-16-2009, 04:19 PM
For the protection of our customers Panasonic developed this technology after it was discovered that some aftermarket 3rd party batteries do not meet the rigid safety standards Panasonic uses.

Some of these aftermarket batteries are not equipped with internal protective devices to guard against overcharging, internal heating and short circuit. If these aftermarket battery packs were used, it could lead to an accident causing damage to your camera or personal injury.

wow... and there i was thinking it was coz panasonic just wanted us to spend our money on THEIR batteries.... nice one panasonic.. thanks very much.:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG) !!!!!!!!!!

Blue_Food
06-16-2009, 05:04 PM
WHEW!!!

As it happens, I just trawled through EVERY SINGLE camera shop on Tottenham Court Rd (London’s photo/electronics district) in search of a spare battery, earlier this afternoon…

Only ONE dealer had the genuine article in stock, but they were asking a completely unreasonable price for it, and refused to budge…

Only ONE other dealer had a third-party knock-off, which, fortunately—thank ‘Duc’—I decided against!

I’m not saying it’s a good OR a bad thing that Panasonic have taken these measures; I’m just saying that it’s a good call on behalf of the OP for any of us who might have considered buying third-party, but who are also interested in any firmware updates that just MIGHT come our way..

Cheers!

DP