PDA

View Full Version : Taking things a little further

DvxHerb
06-15-2009, 07:25 PM
What if we went to every site selling the GH1 and left reviews stating that people should wait on buying the camera until Panasonic fixes it.

I've been to Amazon and done just that. Not sure when / if a review on a yet to be shipped item will post.

Maybe something like this will motivate them to respond.

DvxHerb
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
On reflection, I feel a little childish for having posted the above. Sorry.

Rakesh Jacob
06-15-2009, 08:05 PM
You really shouldn't drink and post pre-empitve reviews. It's kinda like drunk dialing.

Isaac_Brody
06-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Just send emails, or sign the petition, or wait for something else to come along that meets your needs. It's best to keep things civil in all contact.

John Caballero
06-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Boy oh boy!

bronxjragon
06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
:thumbup:
Boy oh boy!

Martti Ekstrand
06-15-2009, 11:38 PM
It wasn't the lack of sales that made Canon upgrade the 5DmkII, it was the unexpected high sales outside their target customers plus the potential of even higher sales to the new targets.

John Caballero
06-16-2009, 12:01 AM
It wasn't the lack of sales that made Canon upgrade the 5DmkII, it was the unexpected high sales outside their target customers plus the potential of even higher sales to the new targets.

Yes, but it took then a while to come up with half a fix. Now they need 24p to seal the deal for many new customers. I am sure Panasonic will make the improvements to the GH1 if they are possible if not we will have to wait for the next gen. I see them doing an HPX170 form factor with the 4/3s sensor, AVC Intra and all the video formats available to that camera shooting to P2 cards. That would be an amazing cam. In the meantime we need to keep the pressure on Panasonic to at least give us mjpeg 24p and a little higher bit rate if possible.

dcloud
06-16-2009, 12:09 AM
I guess ill be waiting things out for now. i can atleast earn enough to buy a mkII/lenses if 24p does come out.
5d 60d gh1
I really love the form factor of gh1 though.

Martti Ekstrand
06-16-2009, 12:58 AM
The GH1 form factor is amazing. Had I had a 5D or a HPX170 sized cam when I was out alone shooting night street life this friday I could very well have gotten back home camera-less. The GH1 I could just keep snuck under the jacket and bring up for instant shots. But of course a bigger cam with room for more pro-features, GH1 image sensor and mount for interchangeable lens would be fantastic.

In the meantime we need to keep the pressure on Panasonic to at least give us mjpeg 24p and a little higher bit rate if possible.

Keeping up the pressure is good but somehow I think instigating a GH1 buy boycott would be counter-productive. It's a pity the petition Isaac Brody set up includes 'I cannot buy and use it in my business' since I'm clearly on record for having already bought one mean I can't sign it. I can and will use it in my business. I have however sent my wishes for a higher bit-rate directly to Panasonic.

decidocisum
06-16-2009, 02:57 PM
On reflection, I feel a little childish for having posted the above. Sorry.

How about pulling your bogus Amazon review then. Ugh.

Isaac_Brody
06-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Agreed. If you can get rid of that.