PDA

View Full Version : oh god... NO

paulgandersman
06-14-2009, 04:45 PM
i just checked my order status and guess what popped up:

No orders were found that match the information you provided. Please adjust your entries below, and try again. If this problem persists please call 1-800-405-0652.

YES i have all my information correct. they're not open right now, I have to wait until tomorrow. oh god. did they screw up and totally delete my order??!?!?! they're gonna say that I have to place a new order and I'm down to the bottom of the list now aren't they. OMG. has this happened to any of you?

paul

Barry_Green
06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
No, they did the same thing to me. Call them, and tell them the order number from your receipt, and they'll find it.

Rakesh Jacob
06-14-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL it's worse than crackheads waiting for a fix.
"I mean I gave him 5 dollars and a hand job, he said he had to go around the corner and he'd be right back with my rock. Where is he? Where's my rock? Why isn't he back with my rock yet? Am I gonna have to cut this muthaf---a? I need my rock! Damnit! He's gonna make my cut him!"

paulgandersman
06-14-2009, 05:47 PM
what happened when it happened to you? have you received your camera yet or have an estimated ship date? also, did they have any idea as to why this happened? (order not showing up)

Barry_Green
06-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Mine shipped out immediately, in fact it was already shipped when I went on the site to check it. Everything was fine, they just didn't have automatic tracking on the website. The website had no idea that I'd even placed an order. But I had printed out my receipt, which had my order number on it, and they were able to find it easily by the order number.

paulgandersman
06-14-2009, 06:00 PM
wait, when did you place your order? should I just try and order another one and watch it automatically ship to me? haha

chaos
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
dood, same thing happened to me. i called panny and they said their system was down or something, but the rep was able to get my order status.

Barry_Green
06-14-2009, 06:02 PM
May 15th-ish.

paulgandersman
06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
sorry i keep asking questions, i suck i know, do you mean that when your order went down online, THATS when your camera had shipped? or do you mean you ordered on May 15th and it shipped out right away?

paulgandersman
06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
dood, same thing happened to me. i called panny and they said their system was down or something, but the rep was able to get my order status.

what was your order status? same old same old?

Barry_Green
06-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I pre-ordered May 15th. As soon as people said "hey, I got an order shipping notice", I went and checked my status, and there was no order there. I called them and they said "oh, yeah, yours has already shipped". It showed up Saturday the 7th.

paulgandersman
06-14-2009, 06:08 PM
thats so weird! it obviously didn't ship on the 15th and arrive on the 7th, that would be the SLOWEST SHIPPING EVVVVVAAAAAR.

i guess ill have to give em a call in the morning to see if they have an updated status :/

Barry_Green
06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm saying that I pre-ordered, and the minute they were available they shipped. They weren't available until like June 3rd or so.

paulgandersman
06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
ohhhhh i gotcha!

admactanium
06-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Panasonic's e-commerce site could use some work. They had my status as "ships May 2009" until the day I got it from UPS.

Boz
06-14-2009, 10:33 PM
It showed up Saturday the 7th.

You've had it for a whole week! Where's your footage? :)

John Caballero
06-15-2009, 12:26 AM
He is writing THE BOOK. The GH1 unleashed by Barry Green?

Barry_Green
06-15-2009, 05:17 AM
I actually haven't had it for a day yet. It arrived the day before I got on the plane for this year's big Asia/India tour. So I shipped the unopened box to someone else; have no fear, it's in the hands of a trusted ally. :evil:

Al MacLeod
06-15-2009, 05:33 AM
So where is the Asia/India footage? :)

Orchidthief
06-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Paul, this happened to me as well. I checked today and it's back up now though. The bummer is that it still shows preorder shipping June 09.

paulgandersman
06-15-2009, 11:20 AM
my credit card was charged! i guess this means its shipping! i'm calling panasonic now to find out when they're sending it out.

paulgandersman
06-15-2009, 11:41 AM
yay! they said they're loading it on the truck today. but then they told me it would be delivered on the 22nd. Strange, as I have NEXT DAY SHIPPING. so I'm waiting on a call back to see if I'm going to get it tomorrow or if my 40 bucks of next day shipping was wasted :P hopefully once it loads on the truck, it will get the correct shipping label. ill update when I get the call back.

Orchidthief
06-15-2009, 11:44 AM
When did you place your order Paul? Also, where are you located? Was your card charged just today?

Keep me posted on when you get a hold of them. I'm thinking about calling in again to check but I'm afraid I'm gonna hear the same story again...and that it won't be shipping for another three weeks. Placed mine on the 23rd of May.

paulgandersman
06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
its honestly not fair man. my card was charged today and I ordered it on the 27th. If I didn't need to ASAP for a shoot, i'd send it your way. im sorry man :(

Orchidthief
06-15-2009, 12:08 PM
its honestly not fair man. my card was charged today and I ordered it on the 27th. If I didn't need to ASAP for a shoot, i'd send it your way. im sorry man :(

Oh no worries...haha. I'm just trying to sort out what's going on. Where are you located? I'm trying to figure out if it's primarily an Midwest/Eastcoast thing. I only know like one or two people down in CA that have received it.

paulgandersman
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
oh, I'm in Austin, Texas.

paulgandersman
06-15-2009, 01:46 PM
so I got a hold of Sarah, who seems to be a higher up at panasonic and knows what she's talking about. so they did charge my card but the camera won't ship until the 22nd (because apparently it's not 'available' till then). I told her I thought the policy was to not charge until the camera was shipped and she said they put a 1600$ authorization on my card and thats what the charge was. well its not a credit card, its a check card so my 1600$ just disappeared. and i wont have my cam for another week. its a catch 22. because i have no money now and in order to make money, i need my camera! (i have two possible gigs this week that I now have to tell them I can't do for sure). oh panasonic. you're so cute.

bronxjragon
06-15-2009, 03:32 PM
too bad

wowubbzy
06-15-2009, 05:47 PM
Ouch that sucks. For online purchases I'll never use my checking debit card.

I too have been checking daily to see when a credit hold is placed on my card for my GH1 order. When they request this credit hold, the amount is deducted from my available credit, but I don't actually owe this money yet. This works out much better than actually having your funds removed from the checking account - float the banks money for a month then pay it off, works especially well if the charge is posted right after the current month's closing. Hey banks do that with my money every day.

I couldn't resist any more and called Panny today. The lady said 6/23 ship date - I placed my order on 5/15 :thumbdown

so I got a hold of Sarah, who seems to be a higher up at panasonic and knows what she's talking about. so they did charge my card but the camera won't ship until the 22nd (because apparently it's not 'available' till then). I told her I thought the policy was to not charge until the camera was shipped and she said they put a 1600$ authorization on my card and thats what the charge was. well its not a credit card, its a check card so my 1600$ just disappeared. and i wont have my cam for another week. its a catch 22. because i have no money now and in order to make money, i need my camera! (i have two possible gigs this week that I now have to tell them I can't do for sure). oh panasonic. you're so cute.