PDA

View Full Version : Camera Combination

sy22
06-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok this is probally a rant...

I already own a JVC GY HD110u from a while back. However I want to upgrade, so should i get a 35mm adapter, red rock, brevis, letus, sgpro, without making the camera too long...

or the HZ CA13U for 16mm pl however that thing is expensive at $4000 and pl lenses are getting expensive for 16mm because of the s16mm format.

or could i get the canon mark ii 5d or lumix gh1 with the redrock rails... however the canon mark ii 5d does not shoot 24p and the lumix gh1 is avchd.

However, i dont know the comparison between avchd and hdv, although i have heard that hdv is better.

or should i go all out and scrap those and use s16 like a converted aaton ltr or eclair or even a bloex with kodak stocks, although i dont see much benifit of s16 over a 2/3in camera like the hpx500 if i use cheaper teleclines and in that case i would need to gather funding and shooting artistically becomes restrictive.

However i want to hear your opinions and experiences on distributors and festivals like. Most major festivals have films shot in 35mm and very few adapter setups were used among the dv films that were distributed. So im thinking to learn 16mm to get ahead of the game? or is it that in the next 20 years film is going to be dead.

tmroberts
06-11-2009, 07:34 PM
im kinda looking into this myself, this may be a dumb question but what is "avchd"

sy22
06-11-2009, 07:39 PM
avchd is what is used for the hmc150 and the panasonic g1... its kinda like hdv but with sd cards

im not sure about the quality in comparison to hdv

Jackson Miller
06-11-2009, 08:21 PM
avchd is much better than hdv I believe.