PDA

View Full Version : shooting bus or subway?

Jmtasu
06-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Anyone know how I can fake a scene on mass transit? In the Los Angeles area?

This is a pretty limited budget, so wondering if any smaller soundstages have a pre made meass transit set, or any other ideas?

Thanks.

jrmiller_entertainment
06-11-2009, 01:04 PM
get a row or 2 of seats and those handrails from a dump and make a window out of plywood and plexiglass. put a chroma wall behind it and just keep the shots tight? Just a thought. Never done it though and without knowing what shots are in your head it's hard to guess. That's how I'd do it.

Sad Max
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Contact local lots that maintain standing sets, see who has a suitable set for your purpose, and get them to cut you a deal. Failing that, build a simple 1-wall set.

I know that Universal has a stock subway car on the scene dock, but the resources required to rent, move and insure it might be more than you want to pay.

Or, check out that train place in Griffith Park. One of their passenger cars might work for your purposes, and I believe they do allow people to shoot there.

moonlitnite
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
How about gun and run, shooting with something under the radar screen like a Flip Ultra HD? Even if this isn't a possibility for your film, I'd suggest you shoot a few subway trips (incognito) just to get the feel of how to setup the shot in your green-screen studio.

But if you could actually get some decent video on the subway, you can always mix in the voices using ADR.

Good luck, Michael