PDA

View Full Version : Other Needed Accessories to Make this Bad Boy Work?

jrod81
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Okay,
So let's say I have fully committed to shooting my next short film project with a GH1. Obviously, that means buying the camera. However, I am wondering what other accessories I need to prepare to buy. Is there a handheld rig? Tripod? etc... help me out so I can make a plan of attack for getting the money together to do this by August.
jared

Nighthawk
06-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Okay,
So let's say I have fully committed to shooting my next short film project with a GH1. Obviously, that means buying the camera. However, I am wondering what other accessories I need to prepare to buy. Is there a handheld rig? Tripod? etc... help me out so I can make a plan of attack for getting the money together to do this by August.
jared

Again, lots of great info for this on the hardware thread. Oodles of info and conjecture.

Martti Ekstrand
06-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Poke around in the hardware section, it's chock-full of good tips. But the first and most basic thing you will need are neutral density filters so in daylight situations you'll be able to keep the shutter at 1/50 or 1/60 and the aperture as open as you please for shallow depth of field.

Jackson Miller
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
You can pump it up way higher than that can't you? What would be the problem with going up to 1/250 or 1/500 or 1/1000 even?

Martti Ekstrand
06-03-2009, 12:03 AM
You remove motion blur and get a strobe looking image, nice effect in some occasions but nothing you want for a majority of the time (and on GH1, as been proven, the codec breaks more easily). 1/48 is the standard shutter for motion pictures shot on 35mm.

Joe Shaw
06-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Some kind of sunshade for the screen. Can be hard to view in bright sunlight. Top of my list along with the NDs.