PDA

View Full Version : Recording Format and Memory Card

stav1606
05-31-2009, 07:42 PM
I have two questions:

1)In the manual, it says that in AVCHD best quality for 16GB memory card it can store 2 hours whereas for JPEG it can store a 1 hour. Does that mean that the picture quality with the JPEG is superior?

2)It says that memory cards of class 6 or more should be used. What would happen if a lower class card is used? Would there be a noticeable difference?

tonydvcoste
05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
it wouldn't be able to write the information coming from the camera fast enough, there would be an error or something, it just wouldn't work. i've read on here that even some C6 cards were giving errors, can't really cheap out on that sort of thing i guess, or can anybody suggest a lower priced card then the leading brands but does the job?

commanderspike
05-31-2009, 09:39 PM
I had a cheap brand class 6 card in my GH1, without errors. But decided I wanted something faster.

Bought a cheap brand 8GB 150x 22mb read speed / 10mb write, and it's rubbish. No faster than my existing card. At least it was only a tenner.

This kind of experience doesn't make me want to spend close to 100 on a 16GB 30MB 200x Sandisk Extreme III.

So any first hand experiences of decent, fast memory cards would be appreciated...