PDA

View Full Version : PC Laptop Solutions for P2 capturing, viewing, transfering to Harddrives

G.P.
05-28-2009, 08:54 AM
What are some specs we need for the PC side of things? Example:

Wanting to use the PCMCIA slot to take cards, dump the info onto the laptop internal drive. Sort files, then Dump them onto external drive.

Also being able to view AVCI 100 footage (doesn't need to be smooth, just clips that will play to view content for verification)

Is there a spesific thing we sould look at laptop wise concerning the PCMCIA slots? or will any laptops PCMCIA slot work with the drivers from panny?

I am testing Edius right now and it is very smooth and easy to work with in the PC world and it is native AVCI (the reason why we are testing it)

Could anyone give us an idea of what specs on a laptop would be needed to do these things? We are NOT looking to play back full screen HD, and NOT looking to edit on laptop, just a simple solution to dump P2 cards.

Barry_Green
05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Any PCMCIA slot will work. Any laptop would work, although the better the components, the faster it'll be. My old Dell took 1 minute per gig, my newer Sony and Lenovo laptops could transfer 2 gigabytes per minute.

If you want to be able to view AVCI footage you'll need a dual core with a decent graphics card.