PDA

View Full Version : Another slot-in wireless receiver (I think)

davideo.net
05-27-2009, 04:52 PM
It looks like this Sony dual diversity receiver might fit in the slot-in spot on the 300, but the price makes it "ever-so-slightly" out of monetary range:zombie_smiley: I guess if you could afford this, you wouldn't buy a 300!
Click here. (http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-broadcastcameras/cat-xdcam/product-DWRS01D%2F4244/)

puredrifting
05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
For that kind of money, why would you go with a Sony over a Lectro? The Sonys have always been okay but the Lectros are the gold standard. Besides, if you put a Sony wireless into the Panasonic HPX300's slot receiver, it will spit it out, trust me.

Dan

davideo.net
05-28-2009, 05:24 AM
I know that when you're using both inputs on the Lectrosonics receiver, it's not dual-diversity. It's only diversity when used with one transmitter. That's the only reason I could think of to NOT go with the Lectrosonics.

Jan_Crittenden
05-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Sony's pin confiration on the bottom of the slot is very different from the Panasonic/Ikagami standard, so I am quite certain that it will not work.

Best,

Jan

alexdias
05-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I know that when you're using both inputs on the Lectrosonics receiver, it's not dual-diversity. It's only diversity when used with one transmitter. That's the only reason I could think of to NOT go with the Lectrosonics.

Can you be more specific? I don't understand "dual-diversity".
Cheers.

puredrifting
05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Right, you can't have diversity without "dual" antennae but it is always just referred to as "diversity". Unless dual diversity is some sort of dual channel thing that is needed when using a dual channel receiver? I wouldn't know, I have never used a dual channel wireless system, I just have singles.

Dan

davideo.net
05-28-2009, 04:31 PM
The 1800 series Audio Technica wireless (not a slot-in type) is true dual-diversity - 2 simultaneous wireless receivers, both diversity. The Lectrosonics SR slot-in is diversity when receiving one signal. When both receivers are in use, neither is diversity.

alexdias
05-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Got it.
Thanks.

puredrifting
05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks for clarifying that.

D

davideo.net
05-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Eric from Pro Sound Services in NYC explained it to me...

videomagician
05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure even in dual-channel mode the Lectro SR is still a diversity receiver. This is from the .pdf from Lectro's site:

"The two internal receivers can be operated separately, each using switching, antenna combining diversity, or in tandem with ratio diversity reception."

http://www.lectrosonics.com/hybrid/sr/SRtd.pdf

Karlw
08-31-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure even in dual-channel mode the Lectro SR is still a diversity receiver. This is from the .pdf from Lectro's site:

"The two internal receivers can be operated separately, each using switching, antenna combining diversity, or in tandem with ratio diversity reception."

http://www.lectrosonics.com/hybrid/sr/SRtd.pdf

This is correct. I'm realizing there is some confusion about this out there!

The SR is a dual-channel, diversity receiver. When using it in dual-channel mode, each of the receiver channels uses antenna phase diversity. This is the same diversity system used in our UCR401, UCR411A, and previous models like the 201, 210, 211, etc. It works very very well.

However, if you only need one channel from your SR, you CAN put it into "ratio diversity" mode. This uses the two channels together for even more performance. This ratio diversity scheme is what we use in our studio receivers like the UDR200C, etc. In some situations, you will get better performance from this diversity setup. But in 99% of situations, you can't tell the difference between the two methods in terms of performance.

Karl Winkler
Lectrosonics, Inc.

Jan_Crittenden
08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
The SR is a dual-channel, diversity receiver. When using it in dual-channel mode, each of the receiver channels uses antenna phase diversity. This is the same diversity system used in our UCR401, UCR411A, and previous models like the 201, 210, 211, etc. It works very very well.

Karl, thanks for stepping in and clarifying. I had walked away from NAB with totally the wrong impression.

Thanks,

Jan

puredrifting
08-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey Karl:

Good to see you on here. Thanks for the information on this.

Dan (from HDVP Magazine)