PDA

View Full Version : HVX200 - DV 30p capture preset in FCP ???

Hawkeye
05-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi
I recorded to Mini DV yesterday in DV 30p in LP mode, so I have a nice looking recording of 90 minutes but when I try to capture in "log and capture" in Final Cut Pro, I don't have a DV 30p capture preset setting.
When I try to use DV NTSC or DV50 NTSC (capture presets) it only gets so far before stalling on a Timecode error, so my question is - can I get a capture preset to add into my FCP program or is there another way of capture this footage into my project?
Cheers!

kwoff
05-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I believe the HVX records DV 30p as 60i DV footage, so the regular DV NTSC preset should work (unless you shot in DVC50, which is a different format). You must have some other timecode issue, such as a gap in the timecode on your tape, causing you to get an error message. Did you make sure that you had continuous timecode when you were shooting?

Hawkeye
05-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi
Thanks for reading, I've actually fixed the problem myself (I'm fairly sure I have anyway)
My Final Cut sequence was set to 30p and I changed it back to 29.97 and now it seems to capture the footage in fine