PDA

View Full Version : composite live view during still shooting/video

Justyn
05-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Greetings all,

I know the cam doesn't have liveview out in HDMI while it's recording video. I'm wondering if it has composite livewive, uninterupted, while shooting stills. I am thinking of buying this camera for my RC helicopter business and I need something that won't shut off and cut the video signal as my downlink will shut off it there's an interupted video signal.

Thanks again,

Justyn

Justyn
05-19-2009, 05:44 PM
No info?

Nighthawk
05-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Little is yet understood on this subject. Somewhere in amongst all these posts the owner of a G1 was able to get an image out after holding the 'trash' button down for a second or more for live monitoring. Don't think anybody has had the chance to confirm if this is available on the GH1 yet. If I recall correctly Kholi tried with no luck but that was for video not stills.

Rabot
05-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh, another folk trying to get info about this, I wonder what kind of answer he will get.

Kholi
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Don't count on any livewiewing out of the camera in any form. Unless panasonic decides to do a firmware update to the cameras before they drop them Stateside, which is a total possibility.

For now, i've got a rigged up system that'll work in the meantime. Not pretty, but for a studio setup it should be okay.

Justyn
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Cheers for the info. Can anyone recommend a camera that shoots nice photos and will have the video out? I have a range that I want to spend but I'd be flexible if it was capable of something like this cam.

COME ON PANASONIC> Make it have both HDMI and Composite realtime out, uninterupted even during photo moments.. Pretty please.

Kholi
05-19-2009, 09:36 PM
MKii and D90 will do that.

ydgmdlu
05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh, another folk trying to get info about this, I wonder what kind of answer he will get.
If you read carefully, you'll see that it's not the same as your question.

Justyn
05-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Kholi, Thanks for the info. I'll check into that. I thought the D90 would interupt the video when a still is fired off? If not, this might be a good option for what I'm doing. I need to upgrade my digital still anyway.. still shooting with a first generation rebel.

j
05-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Looks like I'll have to dig out my old video tap...

ramdop
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
For now, i've got a rigged up system that'll work in the meantime. Not pretty, but for a studio setup it should be okay.[/QUOTE]

can you tell about it?