PDA

View Full Version : The power of marketing 3X

kprince
05-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I was almost about to purchase the Zacuto eyepiece but decided to save a bunch of cash instead, and probably get a better end result. Some truths I noticed.

#1. There wasn't ANY difference in PERCEIVED resolution viewing the LCD screen with my most expensive loupes for viewing slide film vs a cheap pair of reading glasses of the same strength from LONGS. Seriously, if you need the bling, get the Zacuto, if you want to put that cash towards feeding your actors or effects props, DIY.

#2 I just ordered a cheap lcd shade from ebay 13 bucks and a 3X magnifing glass 3 bucks, I will post my end results after I get the stuffs...

#3 Zacuto is held on with velcro ?, how long will that last ?.. I have a feeling my build will be a fun, cheap, and functional little money saver that is more sturdy than Zacuto with the same end result : being able to determine what is and is not in FOCUS.

Peace out-

Kholi
05-13-2009, 07:25 PM
One thing Zacuto did get absolutely right is the Gunstock Shooter arm deal. Stick that bastard up against your chest and realize what's missing from your life.

Can't agree with the eyepiece, but the Gunstock arm is where it's at.

kprince
05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
One thing Zacuto did get absolutely right is the Gunstock Shooter arm deal. Stick that bastard up against your chest and realize what's missing from your life.

Can't agree with the eyepiece, but the Gunstock arm is where it's at.

I agree, the gunstock shooter looks super functional !