PDA

View Full Version : Going Wide... Fisheye wide

Girlspitswater
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi all, I have a NYC skate tour coming up and figure it would be a good time to look into wide/fisheye adapters for the HMC150. Looks like my pic at the moment is the
Century Precision Optics Fisheye Adapter Lens for Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HMC150. Has anyone used this new lens adapter yet? If so, how is it? Vignetting? Horrible Horrible black ring? I hope not and would not think so, but some impute/reassurance would be nice. Thanks all.

- Nick

Mark Von Lanken
05-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi Nick,

The Century Fisheye (.4) is really sweet. No black ring. The .6 is nice as well. You can see an online comparison at the link below. Click on Von Real, Episode 1.

http://www.eventdv-tv.com/

boo
05-12-2009, 04:24 PM
thank you for this video comparison mark! it looks as if the .4 fisheye does not suffer from vignetting on maximum wide, am i correct? if so, this will be my lens of choice over the 16x9 inc. fisheye.

manglerBMX
05-12-2009, 06:17 PM
the xtreme should be out soon. no word on if it has vignetting or not. but its $3600.

and i use the .4 century.

Mark Von Lanken
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
thank you for this video comparison mark! it looks as if the .4 fisheye does not suffer from vignetting on maximum wide, am i correct? if so, this will be my lens of choice over the 16x9 inc. fisheye.

You are welcome. Yes you are correct, the .4 does not suffer from vinetting on maximum wide.

For the past couple of years I have been shooting with a fisheye on my Z1 that had vinetting, but it didn't show up in the LCD, but it was in the overscan. I knew I had to zoom in about 15% to resolve it, but sometimes I would forget. It's great to use the Century .4 because I don't have to zoom in to get rid of the vinetting.

pailes
05-13-2009, 06:32 AM
I also have the 0.45x century fisheye and I'm really happy with that lens. Crystal clear image, no vignetting and it uses bayonet mount. I really prefer bayonet over screw mount.

Girlspitswater
05-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Excellent, thanks everyone for your impute! I have ordered the lens attachment and pretty stoked to start working with it.

boo
05-13-2009, 04:23 PM
pailes,

if you have any videos to share, please do! thanks!

pailes
05-16-2009, 03:36 AM
@boo:

I have some clips online, but for some reason many people can't access the web server (could be a DNS problem or something).

You can try here:
http://peter.nxbone.net/skatestuff/hd/fishfooty/

MadHMC150
06-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Doesn't seem like its finding your index file, whats a direct link to one of your html files in your folder? I tried index.htm, index.html, index.php...

You have to:
A - have an index file
B - let the server know what format that index file is in your .htaccess (they are usually set up for the ones i mentioned)
C - folder permissions

I can provide a verity of solutions, let me know if you need assistance.

@boo:

I have some clips online, but for some reason many people can't access the web server (could be a DNS problem or something).

You can try here:
http://peter.nxbone.net/skatestuff/hd/fishfooty/