PDA

View Full Version : The real game changer...

Emanuel
05-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I have a bet. The next Live HDMI out (full HD on large format) for coupling the upcoming Convergent Design's NanoFlash (June) will be a cams killer.

The APS-C Super35 sensor sized ala RED ONE Scarlet combo Samsung NX? Second half 2009.

Kholi
05-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah, if any of these things get a 1080P out, it's over.

artforme
05-10-2009, 10:10 PM
That is pretty cool, although if I had that amount of capitol to spend on that device I'd probably just go Red.

Only time will tell. If anything Red needs to make it's release before it loses anymore of it's potential lower budget market.

DavidNJ
05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
nanoFlash is just one option.

The nanoFlash is good if you have HDMI (or HD-SDI) and want small size and/or XDCAM output.

The AJA KiPro would be the choice if you wanted ProRes out.

The Matrox mini-MX02 is a possiblity if you have a laptop (or the MX02 if iyou have HD-SDI and a Mac).

The Panasonic AG-HPG20 would be a solution if your workflow was AVC Intra.

A solution to Cineform might be best if quality is more important than size and you support it in your workflow.

There are lots of options here. When you get above 100Mb/s a second, the quality differences will get more subtle.

Justyn
05-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I think that the level of disappointment with the Red camera grows and grows as the promise and then announce delays and changes. They are under no authority to deliver on time, and even with working devices. Constant builds and firmware updates and their workflow is not very desirable. I hope that there's a DSLR that rivals theres at a fraction of the price and delivered in a timely manner...

ChipG
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
There is a laptop coming out soon that has an HDMI input!

DavidNJ
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
RED is promising a lot. However, other than the larger than typical oversampled sensor, the big advantage is RAW output saved in a relatively lossless compression format. That requires RAW image processing off camera with the same costs and advantages as with still images.

The SI2k, which is shipping without too much fanfare, also records RAW sensor output in a relatively lossless format. It is a direct-sampled 2/3rds inch sensor though. The format, Cineform RAW, may be a bit more developed.

DavidNJ
05-11-2009, 02:00 PM
There is a laptop coming out soon that has an HDMI input!

Info, please!

ChipG
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Google laptop hdmi input, HP or another copmany had a press release about it the other day.