PDA

View Full Version : GH1 dropping Frames in 1080p?

codeloss
05-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue, or if it's After Effects related. That is the only software I have that can look at native AVCHD files, so I've been using it to check out a lot of the clips that have been posted here.

I've noticed After Effects can't remove pulldown from 1080/24p clips from the GH1, there are always still interlaced frames, regardless of settings. I remember someone else here said that cadence is sometimes weird, so I switched off "separate fields" under interpret footage and started stepping through the footage one frame at a time to see if that's what was causing the problem. And it appears that pretty often, most noticeably during pans-- there will be a frame that is clearly missing, and then that frame or the frame after is duplicated. Sometimes that frame is an interlaced one, which would obviously be a problem for After Effects pulldown removal.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is it only in After Effects?

Isaac_Brody
05-08-2009, 10:22 AM
It's a devil to remove pulldown if the footage has been removed from the original Private folder. I tried after effects and had trouble as well. From what I can see it's an after effects issue.

Dathan Hight
05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Check out Cineform Neoscene. It will remove the pulldown and then spit it out as an AVI. I've had good luck using it with Vegas. It does require some hard drive space - files sizes grow 2-3 times over the original footage file size.

http://www.cineform.com/neoscene/

dcloud
05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I use tmpeg to remove pulldown

Uwe Lansing
05-09-2009, 02:02 AM
I've noticed After Effects can't remove pulldown from 1080/24p clips from the GH1, there are always still interlaced frames, regardless of settings...

Yes, there´re some weird things going on in ae. When I scrub through the tl frame by frame (after remove pulldown was done), every twelfth frame is still interlaced. It seems to be a flaw in ae - Chris Meyer mentioned something like that in his tutorials: http://www.lynda.com/home/DisplayCourse.aspx?lpk2=487. But after the export footage should be ok.