PDA

View Full Version : Tranparant rainbows appearing in my view finder!

kelly brooks
05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I am was shooting down at Bells Beach just recently and with out warning i turned the camera back on and saw transparent rainbow bars on my screen. When i checked the footage later on that evening it was all unusable. After doing a few different tests of my own i discovered that if i turned the camera on with the cap on, it would be fine but if it was left off when i turned the camera on, the rainbow colors returned. I did a factory preset. And the Iris has now stopped working....... I AM stressing! cause i'm in Tahiti with no access to anouther camera. I can get by with putting the cap on each time i turn it on but is proving really difficulty to shoot with the iris not working. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong with it or how to fix it!

thanks any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hunter Hampton
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Weird, I'm not seeing any of that. Care to share a frame from it? Is your camera on some sort of automatic mode?

Kholi
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I saw transparent rainbows but only when I had a polarizer on and pointed it at some cellophane. That's what I thought you were talking about but perhaps not?

Is Tahiti a moist place?

SonicStates
05-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Yeah nothing here. The LCD did refuse to turn on after I had been playing with the EVF button but a quick on/off fixed that. Sounds really weird for the iris to stop working...anyone found anything in the manual that might be able to explain this???

Martti Ekstrand
05-06-2009, 08:19 AM
I like many more here won't have the camera until June so I can only think of my standard answers to computerized electronic devices that behave badly: JANITOR RESET

IE: take out the battery for some 5 mins and see if it cold resets and that clears out the problem. Other than that it sounds like you got a defect item
:(

If so you'd have to get back to the reseller and let them have a look.

Isaac_Brody
05-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Can you post stills or footage please? It sounds like you might have a defective camera.

Eddy Robinson
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Where did you get this camera? Is it from Japan, or is a pre-production model?