PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic - Fillm Fest

Chris_Keaton
05-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Is anyone entering this fest?
http://stellaartois.triggerstreet.com/ShortFilmProject/Intro

Kmaia
05-07-2009, 07:47 AM
I tried to. I am unsure whether or not my pitch was accepted though. Been waiting for a while.

Rodney V. Smith
05-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Bad idea. The legalese states that they own all rights in perpetuity even if you don't win. Usuallu a good idea to read through the legalese in some of these contests and even film festivals.

Chris_Keaton
05-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Bad idea. The legalese states that they own all rights in perpetuity even if you don't win. Usuallu a good idea to read through the legalese in some of these contests and even film festivals.

Wow! Well they may try to enforce that, but a contract is only a contract if both parties are getting something. So I doubt they could hold the rights if you don't win.

Rodney V. Smith
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM
you "get" the chance to compete to win $50K!!!! Surely that should be enough for any indie filmmaker!

Kmaia
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Curious, If I have not heard back yet on my pitch, is it a strong chance that I won't hear at all? Just curious to see what you all think.

Rodney V. Smith
05-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Curious, If I have not heard back yet on my pitch, is it a strong chance that I won't hear at all? Just curious to see what you all think.

just contact the mods again. contact a different mod. either JDS or Jason and someone should get beck to you. Don't just wait around: be proactive.

Zak Forsman
05-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Kmaia, I don't know if you're referring to Trigger Street or QuestFest, but if its the latter, send it to me.