PDA

View Full Version : Forum Title

Michael Olsen
04-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Hello all!

Sorry to post this publicly...I'm not sure who to address it to.

Shouldn't the title of this sub-forum be "Panasonic GH1" not "Panasonic G1HD" to use the actual product name? Or am I just missing something?

lasvalley
04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I see that your post may have helped correct this.

Sumfun
04-30-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm just curious why this camera got a whole category to itself. I mean the DVX100, which started this whole community, only gets one forum with several sub-forums. Is the GH1 so much more important than the DVX100, or HVX, or HPX, etc.?

I think you had it right in the first place, when you listed the GH1 in the DSLR category.

ydgmdlu
04-30-2009, 01:28 AM
I assume that the reason is because the GH1 is not technically a DSLR.

Isaac_Brody
04-30-2009, 02:11 AM
This forum started out as a focal point for the DVX, but in the last five years it's grown much bigger and beyond the original camera that started it all. If you've noticed one of the biggest draws to this website is the DVXfest. That too started out as being a contest only for users with the DVX, but that changed to include all cameras shooting 24P.

The DVX was revolutionary because it was the first DV camera to offer 24P and progressive recording. It seems kind of fitting that the GH1 is the first DSLR/VSLR to offer full manual control and interchangeable lenses at this pricepoint. It's a gamechanger camera, it won't be the only gamechanger on the block, but at 1500 it taps into the DVX pricepoint and userbase and for what it offers it's an absolute steal.