PDA

View Full Version : Hpx 300 cinema lenes?

ccastro
04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
Hi guys I'm new here so forgive me if the question has been asked.

I bought an hpx300, I know the cameras pros and cons, so this is not going to be a bitch session on my part. I'm aware of the flaws with it and in general I like it despite its flaws, so I'm trying to work within its limitations.

I've been looking into the JVC HZ-CA13U as an option to try and cine-mize the cameras picture. I know their are several companies out their now working on trying to offer 300 users an alternative to the typical set ups.

Is this the only option currently available other than redrock etc...

This JVC HZ-CA13U seems like and easy fix except for the appx 4,000 dollar price without lenses. I've seen some really interesting Franken-cams on the net and this seems to be a nice alternative.

How does the cost compare to the usual setups, and does the flip image feature in the 300 open other possibilities that I'm not aware of ?

If any of you are currently using the JVC HZ-CA13U what is your opinion of it ? Is it worth the price or would you recommend waiting until new devices are made to fit the 300?

What are the draw backs of it if any?

Thanks

Dino
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
The JVC adapter seems to be a good alternative to 35mm adapters due to not using a spinning or oscillating ground glass element. There is still some light loss and potential for CA, especially with other camera brands. It looks like its biggest disadvantage is that it was intended for 16mm and Super 16mm lenses vs. 35mm SLR and Cine lenses.

ccastro
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks Jeff for taking the time to post. I have not tried it but I'm assuming that the 35mm adapter would go right onto the factory fuji lens the 300 comes with.

I guess you just have to customize it. Most adapters have a rod set and what looks like a booster to raise the typical {170, 200 etc....} hand held cameras, so they can mount to the adapter. I need to call the manufactures and see it the booster section on some of those adapters are removable. Then I could see how it would mount to the 300 lens.

Thanks again for your help.

Dino
04-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Letus is coming out with a 1/3" relay lens for their adapters, but it's expensive, similar to the JVC adapter for the Letus relay alone, plus the 35mm adapter.

CinemaElectronika
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Is this the only option currently available other than redrock etc...

This might help:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=169140&highlight=Redrock

Cheers!

Henry Epstein