PDA

View Full Version : Information about the stock Fujinon lens?

Emmet Brown
04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Hello, im new in here and from Germany. I ordered the HPX 301 and it should be shipped next week.

Im very happy about this forum, thanx to all!

Could anybody who owns a 300/301/302 tell something about the stock Lens?
Im espacially interested in the MOD and the wide-angle-ability. Can anybody say its 4.5 wide in mm compared to 35mm? Or its equivalent in 2/3 inch Lenses, for example the 1/3 inch 4.5 ist the same like 6.3 for 2/3 inch Lenses?

Sorry for my bad english... :-)

Ben Digedig
04-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Emmet. Its a basic lens, but can be operated properly like any pro lens.. It of course doesn't come near a 2/3" wide angle lens that may also be marked 4.5 at its wide end (Canon HJ11 x 4.7 for e.g). Its not wide enough for hand held work in my opinion - esp without any stabilisation. No complaints at this price range though.

I need to price up a w/angle adapter that you can zoom through or see how much wider lenses are.... Any tips out there?

D

Emmet Brown
04-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the answer!

I know that i cant compare the 4.5 of the 1/3 inch with 4.5, 2/3 inch. But maybe with 6.3 or 8.0, 2/3 inch? I found nothing in the web that could give me just an idea of the wideness of the lens.... .
Do you own a 300? Whats about the Minimum Object Distance were i can focus on without Macro? A good 2/3 inch wide angle lens have a MOD of 0,3m... So that could give me a hint..

Chris

Ben Digedig
04-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Some mathematical guru here has an answer for you - not me sorry!

Min object distance was a bit disappointing - fully zoomed in you have to be about .8 of a metre away to get focus (wide iris).

Fully zoomed out its probably more like .6m.

I quite like the macro mode though - it gives a lot of creative DOF control without a Letus contraption, if you're brave enough of course ;)

Hope that helps.

D

Emmet Brown
04-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes, thanks, that helped a lot!