PDA

View Full Version : Which Unislot wireless microphone selections are there?

filmat11
04-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I have not used the feature of using built-in wireless microphones from the Unislot location.
Recommendations ? What are others using. I currently am just using Sennheiser wireless lav's with Countryman mic's .
Sorry, I spend more time running lights than dealing with audio.
I guess this takes my 3 channel mixer out of the loop.

Jan_Crittenden
04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
There are three:
Azden
Sennheiser
Lectrosonics, these guys a a dual channel one as well as a single channel

BerkeleyBob
04-17-2009, 12:33 PM
There's three. The Sennheiser EK3241U, the Lectrosonics SR, and the Azden 1000/1200. Although the Azden is a slot-in I don't believe it's dual channel. Azden is mainly known for its cheap mics, but it also sells a higher end line and in this case I believe it costs about as much as the other two - around $1,850. The real expense, however, are the transmitters which can cost as much or more than the receivers and last time I checked it seemed the Lectronics had the edge in price over the Sennheiser.

Jan_Crittenden
04-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks for providing the model numbers Bob. One additional note the Azden current model is 1200, as it complies with the FCC frequencies currently allotted to wireless devices. The only one that can run two mic inputs is the Lectrosonics, the Sennheiser and the Azden are single channel. All are diversity.

Best,

Jan

videomagician
04-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I'd go with the Lectro SR (http://www.trewaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=965&cat=76&page=1). You can start out with one LMa Transmitter (http://www.trewaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=705&cat=76&page=1) and add another later on. You will have to add a TA5F to your mics if you have the screw on 1/8" plug on your senn. If you still want to use your mixer, get two LMas and use the SR as a wireless hop from the mixer and use the older senn for your mics. Of course then you will have to hire a soundman...

Lectro sound quality/performance is also much better than the others.

David

filmat11
04-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Thank you everyone, very helpful. I will check out the LMa Transmitter and the TA5F options. I know the Lectrosonics are arguably the best mics and receivers, as I wish to step up my audio kit from pretty good, to great.

Emmet Brown
05-04-2009, 01:30 AM
There is another one. Its a little bit cheap, but i own two of them and they do their work. Its the Beyerdynamic Mipro MR-90, single Channel.

Here is a link to a PDF: http://www.mipro.com.tw/link/products/MR-90.pdf

MaxThomas
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Emmet, are you in the US? If so, where did you order your MR-90 from? MiPro's US distributer seems to be Avlex (link (http://www.avlex.com/mipro_products.html)), but I can't find any resellers for the MR-90, just the transmitters and rack-mount receivers.

The only other place I could find was www.mipro.us which seems to just be one guy importing and reselling Mipro stuff, can't tell how reputable it is.

If the quality is reasonable, this seems like a good "starter" wireless mic kit for the HPX300, at about $750 for receiver + Unislot adapter kit (same as Ikegami 25-pin slot connector, right?) + transmitter + microphone, compared to about $1300 for the Azden kit.

Emmet Brown
05-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello, im from Germany. I ordered here in Germany from BPM few years ago. For the price its a good package i think. Most of the Time i use the Hand-Transmitter ACT 707 HM. It works very well, also in very loud environment like the Oktoberfest..:-) I just ordered the 25-Pin Connector, should be here tomorrow. BPM says it is for Panasonic-Cams. If i installed and tested it, ill write something about it.

Emmet Brown
05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Okay, the 25-Pin Adapter just arrived. Easy to install the Adapter at the Reciever, also easy to intall the Reciever in the 301. Fitts very well and strong. Did some tests with Lavallier and also with the Hand-Transmitter. What could i say? It just works... Now i have to see how it works in the field. But so far im entirely satisfied.
One more reason to love this Cam... :-)

MaxThomas
05-05-2009, 09:47 AM
That's great news, Emmet, thanks for posting your impressions. If I can get ahold of one, I think it will be my first piece of sound kit for the 300.

Emmet Brown
05-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Just a little hint, if you really get one: You have to set the Reciever on Line output in the Menu.