PDA

View Full Version : My First Commercial

justinmjohns
04-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Here it is. Its for a local church.
Comments welcome.
Have a great day.

Feel free to download away because vimeo didn't recognize it as HD cause I compressed it with source res and 960X720 came out.

http://vimeo.com/4066361

commalot
04-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Well done. It really communicates - You're Welcome Here.

justinmjohns
04-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks commalot, I appreciate it.

Lonnie
04-10-2009, 09:40 PM
The only flaw that jumps out at me is the white balance was off on the elderly lady coming down the hallway (or at least her color temperature doesn't match the other scenes).

But the bigger and more important point - the overall commercial is well done in my humble opinion...

Lonnie

lawriejaffa
04-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Yah well done mate - always a bit nerve wracking eh haha:P good work

DM_rider
04-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Looked good. Really liked the first shot of the bike riders, but the color on the second shot was different from the first.

I'd consider getting the VO redone in a studio if possible. That was the weakest part of the whole commercial, it sounded a little thin and cheap.

mcgeedigital
04-11-2009, 09:52 AM
The only flaw that jumps out at me is the white balance was off on the elderly lady coming down the hallway (or at least her color temperature doesn't match the other scenes).

But the bigger and more important point - the overall commercial is well done in my humble opinion...

Lonnie

That blue look works IMO. Everything doesn't HAVE to be all warm.

I like it.

Noel Evans
04-11-2009, 03:03 PM
That blue look works IMO. Everything doesn't HAVE to be all warm.

Yeah I agree. Looks fine to me. Actually suits the piece in this instance.

If you did want to change it get yourself a white balance pug in - fixed, not really hard.

I think for your first up, this was a good place to start. Pretty straight forward. Theres a number of things I would have done different, but Im not you so... You sold the message well enough. Watch shooting at windows if you can help it. You can push a little more art into it. Get as much coverage as budget allows at all times.

Derrick_SA
04-11-2009, 11:40 PM
looks good to me too, good job.

Did you use stock music, or record that yourself too? if it is stock from where did you source it?

thanks,
Derrick

justinmjohns
04-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Did you use stock music, or record that yourself too? if it is stock from where did you source it?

The music is a Soundtrack Pro Loop. Its called FEELLGOOD. Yes with too LLs.

anthony jackson
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Looks good to me too,wonderful job.