PDA

View Full Version : How to see the Meta data

SAPHR
04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question but how do we see the info like f-value, shutter speed, frame rate, WB etc. while playing the .MTS files? I used to use a small utility called DVMP to do this in DV days.

AlanB
04-06-2009, 12:27 AM
I would be interested in that also. My Sony PD-170 will display that on playback in camera, but I can't find an equivalent function in the HMC150. I don't know if any of the NLE's can display that. I can't find that in Vegas anywhere.

mcsmooth
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
You can see all of the clip's info on camera in playback mode from menu > card functions > clip property. You can also see this in the AVCCAM viewer software. Stream info (frame rate, resolution, etc) can be detected by any player or editor, but I believe all of the other information is stored outside of this file. It looks like metadata and timecode info is stored in the playlist files, but many programs don't bother to look outside of the stream folder. I don't think any camera info is stored since the info is per-clip instead of per-frame like DV.

I noticed CS4 doesn't even pull in the timecode (yet it does from clips that were transcoded with the dvcpro converter). You have to find the start value for each clip and manually enter them in... very simple bugfix if they ever release an update.

SAPHR
04-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I found this SW called ClipINF Editor v.0.2b which can read the CLIPINF. Please have a look at the attached screen shot. But again it has partial info not the full meta data.