PDA

View Full Version : "The Message" feature film teaser trailer

sotty
04-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I posted here. Here is a teaser trailer of my film "The Message", a psycho christian thriller staring Erica Leerhsen from Texas Chain Saw, Blair Witch, a few Sopranos episodes, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypyTl3nxe4Q&feature=email

Its one of 4 planned trailers. The others will have more dialogue to better understand what it is about. It should be a final edit by Sept, 09.

Its was shot on the HPX500 with digiprimes, the HVX200, HVX200 with SGpro 35mm adapter with LOMO lenses, and The Red One with LOMOs and Zeiss ZFs.

Quality wise it came out nice. It is a youtube compression so at least make sure you click the HD button.

I know I gave a little advice but also learned much from dvxuser.
What a great service this place is.

"sotty"
Thomas Clay

HerzogisGod
04-04-2009, 04:50 PM
very creepy...and Im not easily creeped

FREUDENBERG_FILMS
04-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Looked good.

My only thing is like you mentioned the trailer showed a hint of what the film is about. People running, hiding and the title of the movie. Pace was a little slow for me. Can't wait for the other 3 teaser trailers though. I think your doing a build up :0)

sonic freak
04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
The first couple shots really blew me away... then it got old and i lost interest with so many different clips flying at me for so long. You should shorten it WAY down in my opinion. It started off mysterious and then just went over and over with the same images. Too much. Leave some stuff for people's imaginations, keep the pace with how you presented the first two images....

But good work for completing it. :thumbsup:

Also a question- you said you used HPX500, HVX200 with adapter and w/out, and RED. What percentage of the shots for each camera? How much overall was the 500 used?

John Caballero
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Footage looks excellent. Best of luck to you.

sotty
09-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry for long response time here, busy on another production.

I'd say HPX500 is 85%, HVX with adapter is 5%, RED is 10%. Honestly if I had to do it again I would not try to use the HVX with adapter and the 500 within the same scene. But fortunately we did'nt do this to often. RED was late coming to the game, I intended on shooting it all on RED but with last minute delays I just went with the 500.

Thanks.

sotty
09-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Here's a sample clip from The Message I just posted on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxQnOfXPQHE