PDA

View Full Version : 5DII Footage Test

AutumnFire@gmail.com
03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Putting the new camera through it's paces. This is a stress-test of sorts: handheld, very thin DOF. Overall I'm pleased with the results.

http://www.leonid-studios.com/Cao/Test.mov

FatDaddy
03-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Not bad. Just wondering about the jitter in it? Is that a hand held issue? I wonder what an IS lens would have done. What lens did you use? Also wondering about exposure. Was that all in camera auto exposure? Seems blown out in the background, but not sure if that was on purpose as a style? Would love to hear more about the details (lens, holding by hand, no tricks for exposure?).

John

AutumnFire@gmail.com
03-31-2009, 02:17 AM
Yup, the jitter is an issue. The lens is the 85mm f/1.2, so no IS. IS might help some, but I think the only real solution to the jitter is to make the camera heavier. The heavier the camera the less pronounced the high-frequency shake will be.

I just bought a set of heavy-duty rails and a follow focus setup, so that'll help add some weight. I'm also planning on going in for the whole shoulder-mount kit. That'll help a bit. A monitor will add weight too... All that stuff helps. Course, you end up with a heavy camera.

I was happy to let it blow out, because of the look of the room. I think it was usually auto-exposure, but I locked it before hitting record.

FatDaddy
03-31-2009, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the update. Just trying to figure out if I want to keep my 24-105 IS lens. I was hoping to go with just primes, as I like that better for photography.