PDA

View Full Version : Oxborn Session 2009 (Int. Snowboard Competition Sweden)

Chris@SFP
03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Here are a small podcast I did for the Transition magazine from the comp.

This will also be publiced by several more magazines in Europe but Transition has a grace period since they paid for the production.

Oxborn Session is one of the largest comps in Sweden with invited international riders. This years Nitro snowboards youngblood Anton Bilare stood out as the overall winner. Itīs a sick event since it spannes 2 days and the final in the sunset/night is just a awsome setup aimed for the crowd.
The riders compeat in 4 parts: Style, Technical, highest air and mayhem/crowdpleaser with no break for 1 hours 15 riders just drops in with about 15-20 sec part between them and only winners are proclaimed in the end.

http://www.transition.se/podcast/trnstn_podcast_091.m4v

Of if you would like screenshoots and info (in Swedish)

http://transition.se/podcast.aspx?id=4105

This camera r-o-c-k-s! PP made from scratch by me.

Btw. KxS solution works perfekt for snowboard even in higher FPS since the clips are so short!

Chris@SFP
03-29-2009, 01:21 PM
No one?

http://vimeo.com/3909769

MitchLewis
03-30-2009, 06:18 AM
Sorry, but I couldn't get the video to play. Only the first 4 seconds. That part looked good though.

EDIT: I just noticed the Vimeo version. It plays great! Footage looks great. No rolling shutter issues with all the flashes going off either.

Chris@SFP
03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks, I really belive is shows off the cameras lo-light possibilities. Compared to my friends HVX footage it was like day and night =)

No this is my third project with LOTS of flashes and I havenīt seen the issue yet =) Maby if the flash light the whole picture..? But still it is a margin fault that I think itīs super overrated, usally thats what internet does to people who dont even use the cameras ;)

James Dierx
03-31-2009, 10:59 AM
Looks amazing Chris! I love the sunset footage and the closeups of the kids on the miniramp. That's great to know about KxS and slowmo w/ the extreme sports. Keep shootin!

Sumfun
03-31-2009, 11:57 AM
No this is my third project with LOTS of flashes and I havenīt seen the issue yet =) Maby if the flash light the whole picture..? But still it is a margin fault that I think itīs super overrated, usally thats what internet does to people who dont even use the cameras ;)

Nice video.

I just wanted to point out that the rolling shutter issues are present, but since the subject is relatively small in the frame, it's not as noticeable. If you step through the footage when the flashes are going off, you will see some frames where only the foreground is lit, or only the jumper is lit. You can also see skewing when you pan, especially with poles in the foreground, but again it's not very noticeable because your attention is on the boarder. I'm not saying these things are bad, but if you know the limitations of your tools, then you can use them to your best advantage.

Chris@SFP
04-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks
Thats true, didnīt even notice, but on the other hand it shows how minor these faults are =)