PDA

View Full Version : Jan from Panasonic !!!

filmat11
03-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Jan, I am interested in ordering the HPX-300. I know the lens that comes with the package is a 17x.
After visiting Fujinon's website, I discovered that they make two versions of the type of lens suited for the HPX-300. A 17 x with a 2x doubler and the other, I ASSUME, is the stock lens , without the 2x.
Will Panasonic allow consumers to choose purchasing the HPX-300 with either lens, rather than just the 17x without the 2x doubler ?
Best, Jon in Iowa...
P.S. Your voice mailbox is full this morning...lol

Jan_Crittenden
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Jan, I am interested in ordering the HPX-300. I know the lens that comes with the package is a 17x.After visiting Fujinon's website, I discovered that they make two versions of the type of lens suited for the HPX-300. A 17 x with a 2x doubler and the other, I ASSUME, is the stock lens , without the 2x.Will Panasonic allow consumers to choose purchasing the HPX-300 with either lens, rather than just the 17x without the 2x doubler ?

The lens is not available from Fujinon directly. The camera comes with a lens. There is no choice on a no lens option. You can purchase an additional lens but that is your choice.

Best, Jon in Iowa...
P.S. Your voice mailbox is full this morning...lol

The reality is if I am traveling I am working a show or some such thing and I don't pick up my messages when I am standing knee deep in people. It would feel rude. Then by the time I am finshed with the show and having started with answering email and such at 5:am or so, I go to dinner around 8:00. I do need down time, just like everyone else. The first thing I don't do is deal with phone calls while in the field. It is a strategy because you can never gauge how long the phone call will take and I hate to cut people short because they are on a timer. Peoiple hate that. If in the office, that is different, but while on travel, different rules apply because I need to justify the money to get where I am. ;-)

Best,

Jan

filmat11
03-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks for your input Jan. Just was hoping for a Body only option, in order to divert a few more bucks toward better, longer and /or wider glass.
Appreciate the heads up..

pmcstudios
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Jon,
All indications are that this camera at 17x let alone with an additional 2x extender will render the images as rubbery as a 5 amp stinger passing 20 amps.

I had hopes for this rig but 1/3" CMOS sensors with all that rolling shutter skew and wobble will relegate this cam to mostly shooting talking heads albeit beautiful near stunning images with it's 10-bit color. I have only seen test footage posted in various locations. No hands-on experience. And unfortunately, I am booked during NAB so I won't see the production model there.

Let me know if you get your hands on one and if Pana has minimized (but not eliminated) the issues with additional firmware updates like RED did.

p.s. Do you still have George's stinger?

Kent

filmat11
03-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey Kent, I was told by Ron C, that George got his stinger back.. If he didn't, I just bought 6 more, and he can have a new one..
As far as the lens goes, I'll take my chances with the "rubbery images", I like shooting with a long lens, or a real wide angle..For personal stuff. I don't shoot sports, more corporate , government and commercials. Nice to hear from you, And I was told that George eventually got his stinger back.(Just called him-George- he was in a meeting, but said he was not sure if he got it, but would check )