PDA

View Full Version : dvx with fs-4hd

zigote
03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
how exactly do you set up a dvx with a firestore. im having allot of trouble with it. when i get it all hooked up it wont record. do i have to set it up through the menu on the camera. if you know anything about this it would be alot of help. thanks.

Kevin Lee
03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
you have to set the camera to an external recording device.

In the menu go to 7. other functions then to DV control set it to on or both or chain both being firestore and tape. This is for the dvx100b, I don't know if its the same for the other dvx's.

This allows you to control the firestore recording from the camera, however you can still just hook up the firestore and press record on the firestore, it should capture. Oh and I use AVI2 on the firestore with 60i, 30P or 24P

Thats about all I can help you with... I hope you get it figured out.

Kevin

GL2_CMP
03-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I have the same exact setupp you do, a DVX-100A & Firestore FS-4 ProHd.

Set the camera to EXT.

The Firestore will start up to the display screen that shows all the setting and the counter.

1. Press right once on the arrow keypad - set RECORD to "NORMAL"
2. Press right once on the arrow keypad - set HDD MODE to "DV RECORDER"
3. Press right once on the arrow keypad - set DV FORMATS to whatever file type you like, I use AVI TYPE 2 or AVI TYPE2 24P
4. Press right twice on the arrow keypad - set FUNCTIONS TO "FA TAPELESS"
5. Press right five times on the arrow keypad - set CONTROL to "TAPELESS"
6. Press right once more and you are back to the start.

This is how I have mine set up and I dont record to a tape at all, you would have to set your DVX to "BOTH" instead of "EXT" if you want to record both digital and tape at the same time.

Hope this helps.

zigote
03-03-2009, 08:01 PM
thanks guys but another problem im having is that the firestore will sometimes power down when i hook it up to my dvx. when i try to turn it back on it will start up then turn off again. but when i disconnect it its fine. i dont get it.