PDA

View Full Version : HVR-HD1000 - anyone ever used this camera?

rc444
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm thinking of buying the HVR-HD1000. It only has 1 CCD, albeit a 1/2"9 CMOS sensor, and just wondered if anyone has used this camera, and what their experiences were.

Cheers
David

Bernie Hipos
02-19-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm thinking of buying the HVR-HD1000. It only has 1 CCD, albeit a 1/2"9 CMOS sensor, and just wondered if anyone has used this camera, and what their experiences were.

Cheers
David

Hi there, a friend of mine has that camera, I have used it for a while. Honestly, I won't recommend it, the body itself is plastic, it's actually a consumer camcorder in a pro body, I'm not actually a fan of shoulder mount cameras...I would suggest you spend a little more and buy a different camera instead.

The video quality is good though but not that great. The only thing that I like about this camera is that when you edit the clips using FCP 6.0.5, it's easy but then again you have to use easy setup first for you to be able to edit the clips right away using HDV settings.

I hate the menu buttons because it's on the LCD (it's touchscreen), the zoom rocker's pretty good and fast, there's no xlr inputs for your microphone, you have to get the beachtek adapter for it, although the sound's tolerable if you're using just the 1/8 mini plug. Lastly, it records to tape and there's an sd card slot for still photos. It records DV and HDV 1080i. Also, it has a microphone that's bundled with the camera, a LANC controller and firewire port...I guess that's it. Hope this helps. Cheers!