PDA

View Full Version : Canon US wants your 5D MKII review!

Toenis
02-14-2009, 04:15 AM
Write a review about your new 5D MKII (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=17662)
Read the terms and conditions and be polite.

Cheers,
T

joe 1008
02-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Now the Canon CEOs got it written in their face: I suppose 60% of the reviews claimed more manual video controls. (some less craved for 24/25p)

THEY CAN'T IGNORE THIS ISSUE ANYMORE.

egproductions
02-18-2009, 08:10 AM
My review didn't make it to the review board. I couldn't help myself I don't know how not too be harsh when it comes to this.

At least it got their attention enough to not post it.

Jason Howell
03-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Post more reviews everyone!

This was mine! I gave it an Average rating of 3.

I enjoy this camera as a still photography camera, but this is not only still photography camera and few who would purchase this camera would regard it as such. This camera is a digital still and motion picture camera that lacks essential features such as Manual Control and 24p. Features easily created, features that were not forgotten or overlooked, but deliberately withheld by the Camera's manufacturer. Companies like Red, Panasonic, Sony, and Nikon all stand to profit from Canon's glaring mistake and Canon has everything to lose in this increasingly competitive market. Simply by withholding features like manual control, Canon has not demonstrated the ability to provide professional solutions in a converging market. I will look elsewhere if these problems are not resolved.

My review is simple. This camera is only half of what it could easily be. If this change is made in a firmware update, I will HIGHLY recommend the camera and L-series lenses to all my professional colleagues. Until then, I will steer them in other directions.

I will be re-posting this review in many corners of the internet, whether it is accepted on the Canon website or not.

ESTEBEVERDE
03-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Well... unless the ratings are a 1 or 2 star they aren't going to do shyte about it.....

It has to be something that impacts sales....

I say we start a let them hear our voice campaign!

Let's list and review this camera on Amazon, B&H, Canon, etc. etc. etc. and give it the lowly score it deserves with comments letting them know if we had manual control including frame rate selections from at least 30p down we would rate it 5 stars!

That's the only thing that will matter to them.

ESTEBEVERDE
03-18-2009, 11:44 PM
This camera would be 5 stars if we had full manual control in video mode and could select frame rates from 30p downwards.

Canon seems to be intentionally crippling this camera to protect other market segments.

Sad....

They should fix these shortcomings and put their customers first and foremost and in return the customers will undoubtedly do the same!

It's up to you now Canon.

Toenis
03-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Go here (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/583953-REG/Canon_2764B003_EOS_5D_Mark_II.html) and cry out loud!

Actually it's a great idea to influence resellers.

T

Capt Quirk
03-19-2009, 05:00 AM
I can't spare the money for the Canon cam, but I got a Nikon CoolPix. Would that work? I had a nice Rebel DSLR, but after a year, the pins in the memory compartment bent. We sent it in to Canon for almost $300 in repairs, got it back a few months later, and it never quite worked right after that. I ended up selling it off.