PDA

View Full Version : me Exporting for vimeo starting to drive loco

Everts
01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi all,

Ive been trying to export a clip of mine for vimeo with CS3.2 mediaencoder in Premiere with the h264 codec....and I followed the guide from vimeo and all.
Already posted a clip before.No problems there.
For some reason this time around I keep getting jumps in the final result the audio is good but certain shots that have movement but with relatively the same background seems to be jumping or skipping a few frames .Sometimes it actually looks intentional but Its starting to drive me mad.

I also exported it as an uncompressed avi and a Quicktime file but all is good with those two. No jumps . Naturaly I cant use those for vimeo.
The original mts files are 720 24p.
Ive done some simple titles and fade to blacks and some CC / proc amp.

Do you know how to fix this or another way to export for vimeo ?

Thanks

Everts

Everts
02-01-2009, 05:00 AM
Nobody :(

manglerBMX
02-01-2009, 07:20 AM
i usually export a full rez version and then i run it through mpeg streamclip using the mpeg4 exporting option and optimizing for apple tv 1280 hd.

Ken Steadman
02-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Everts, I have noticed this too. To me it only happens with footage with lots of motion, I just assumed it was Vimeos re-encoding at too low a bit rate for the motion.

I'm working on changing my encoding from the defaults Vimeo says we should use to a newer one that wont let the vimeo encoder introduce artifacts.

Everts
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
I get the jumps before I upload to vimeo. I'm gonna try a higher bitrate 7 or 8000.
But I dont have the time nor the bandwith to upload 300MB (as a result of the higher bitrate).
Maybe I'll just upload an sd version for now.
Thanks for the help Guys any other suggestions are welcome DVXusers.

Thomas Lew
02-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I think you might want to try a lower bitrate

Everts
02-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I think you might want to try a lower bitrate

I'll try that to Thomas !

Thomas Lew
02-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Not an expert here.. but I think the higher bitrate makes it hard for vimeo (and other video providers) to reproduce the footage as it streams