PDA

View Full Version : "Last clip" USER 1-3 doesn't delete clip

Nick Sammons
01-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Since day 1 shooting tapeless I thought it would be a simple, ingenious and very efficient setup to have a "abort/discard" button... for all the times we have long or even short takes we immediately know are NG... to right away delete or not even save a clip which is garbage.

Today, I admit I was poking around the instruction manual trying to find something and stumbled upon the "last clip" option for assignment to any of the USER 1-3 buttons. This, when assigned, said it would delete the last clip recorded. I was ecstatic. Until I assigned it, shot a clip, hit USER 1 and read "Cannot delete with this button" on the screen. I assigned it to USER 2 and 3 also, only to get the same message.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Adam74
01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I just tried it out on my camera and it works. I have it assigned to user 3. I shot in 720p and 1080 and it worked in both modes. Try a reset?

Nick Sammons
01-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I went back and tried it once more before losing all my custom scene file settings... and ... it worked.

Strange. But i'm thrilled again... this feature is invaluable. Cleaner cards, less junk to sort through editing... mmm.

Does the HVX do this?

Nick Sammons
01-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm also wondering if everyone knows this is available. It's something I very much wanted and didn't even know I had for a bit.

Attic6
01-22-2009, 11:14 PM
i think it only works right after you recorded something like the rec check button.