PDA

View Full Version : RED Scarlet with a standard 2/3" tv zoom lens?

sbaileymediaman
01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to mount a standard hd 2/3" tv zoom lens on one of the new scarlet brains (assuming the specs don't change).

I mainly do corporate/event videos & documentaries at the moment where there is sometimes only 10 seconds to setup your shot and hit record but I also make short films occasionally and I'm developing a feature on the side for a late 2010 shoot.

So I was thinking, is this possible: shoot on a 2/3" scarlet brain with a standard hd tv zoom lens in redcode 1080p, grade it and convert to proress to edit in final cut pro. So it's sort of like shooting on a broadcast camera with the ability to run and gun.

Then when I go to shoot a film, hire an epic brain + lens and stick it in place of the scarlet.

We were planning to upgrade to HD in a year or so and I was considering whether we should purchase a hpx500 for video/tv work and when we do a film hire and shoot on an HDCAM SR untill I heard about the new red brains.:)

aalleexx
01-09-2009, 07:44 PM
hate to say but this is very early to tell, the camera does not exist, only on paper and most likely if it does come out it will be different once again

mcgeedigital
01-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Epic will not take a 2/3" lens.

sbaileymediaman
01-10-2009, 08:23 PM
That's alright, I spose it is a bit early, I was just wondering in theory if the 2/3" scarlet could do it.