PDA

View Full Version : Overheating !!??

Vinyl Stax
01-04-2009, 08:21 AM
How do you guys deal with that ?
I was shooting yesterday with some lights on set and it really became an issue forcing me to let it cool off every 5-10 minutes.

So far it looks like the biggest problem for me with this machine.

Once inside in a regular room temparature it allows me to shoot maybe for 3- minutes straight and than gets into overheating mode, the Live View functions shuts off and it stops recording.

Does everybody have this problem ?
How do you deal with it ?

thanks.

Ruzo
01-04-2009, 08:23 AM
No other way than letting it cool off. Some people put it in a plastic bag and in a freezer for a little while :)

shiny4
01-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I've had mine overheat once. I had it in LV constantly for an hour(ish) doing 3-5 shots and pausing recording only to move around my sticks. I now turn off LV between shots and have had no further problems.

exit from "live view "after recording.leaving it active drains the battery and heats up the sensor.

after about 30 minutes of continuous use the sensor would overheat and the camera would shut off live-view mode. They then had to wait about 15 minutes before using it again

mattsand
01-04-2009, 09:22 AM
yes, it's the continuous live view that causes it. just exit between setups and you should be fine. i've shot for entire days without problem doing that, but before i realized it sometimes only lasted an hour.

/matt