PDA

View Full Version : How to export Premiere Pro project to FCP?

JeanD
03-28-2004, 08:18 PM
I just finished a project in Premiere Pro and would like to know how to export it to FCP4? Anyone know how?

Thanks

Jean D

PurposeDriven
03-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Export as in, you want to have all your edits for all footage and materials in FCP? Or you want a single exported file?

scharky
03-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Unfortunatly the "EDL" function was dropped from the latest version of premiere. This would allow you to open a project in FCP and continue editing. The only thing you can do is to export as a a rendered quicktime file and import it that way.

JeanD
03-29-2004, 07:53 AM
My goal is to import it using an EDL, to be able to continue editing it in FCP. I tried to find the EDL export but couldn't...so I it has been dropped. One of the problems I'm trying to solve is the appearance of numerous sound drop outs when exporting to tape, this despite having checked the 'render audio first' option when exporting. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Jean

melvinthehermit
06-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey jean...did u find out how to export your project from Pro 1.5 to FCP? I'm int he same predicament that your're in...can it be done with all the clips and edit cuts? lemme know

dvlisarrr
06-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Unfortunatly the "EDL" function was dropped from the latest version of premiere. This would allow you to open a project in FCP and continue editing. The only thing you can do is to export as a a rendered quicktime file and import it that way.

Actually it seems that you CAN export an EDL: (this is from the help file in PP)

Exporting an edit decision list (EDL)

With Adobe Premiere Pro you can export your project as an edit decision list (EDL) in the CMX3600 format. This format is the most widely accepted and most robust of the EDL formats.

When you set up an Adobe Premiere Pro project from which you will export an EDL, you must satisfy the following criteria:
* EDLs work best with projects that contain no more than one video track, two stereo audio tracks, and no nested sequences. Most standard transitions, frame holds, and clip speed changes also work well in EDLs.
* Capture and log all the source material with the correct timecode.
* The capture card must have device control that uses timecode.
* Videotapes must each have a unique reel number and be formatted with timecode before you shoot video.

To export an Adobe Premiere Pro project as an EDL:

1. Open or save the project that you want to export as an EDL.
2. Make sure that the Project window is active, and then choose Project > Export Project as EDL.
3. Specify the location and name for the EDL file, and click Save.
4. In the EDL Export dialog box, choose a sequence to export. Specify which video and audio tracks you want to export. You can export one video track and up to four audio channels.
5. Click OK.