PDA

View Full Version : as clean as the xha1

Everts
12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Im loving the HMC but I was used to a very clean image from the XHA1,sold it, ofcourse with gain at -3 and lots of lights or a good light source like the Sun.
The grain from the HMC is acceptable but I was wondering if anybody got the HMC, to produce an image as clean as the XHA1. No noise no grain just
as smooth as a babies buttom.
Im not asking for the HMC to look like the Canon but just as clean.
I hope to hear from XHA1 owners who also bought the HMC 150.

and yes I did turn the coring down and the detail played with all the Gamma's and I didn't just point the camera into the a dark corner of my room.

Thanks in advanced any advice will be greatly appreciated.

sewolla
12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I just got my HMC150 last month but as yet have not been able to shoot a whole lot with it, just 4 productions. I shoot a lot for my church, as well as soccer for my daughters team, and her school holiday concert.
I can tell you from this limited shooting that my out-of-the-box 150 does seem to equal my A1 in the church settings, but really showed its worth at gthe holiday concert, where the almost pure black backdrop was beautiful, I mean almost no grain, eyc. I thought it was much cleaner than the A1 with tghe added benefit of greater sensitivity. I'd post a sample clip, but do not yet know how.

Chenopup
12-29-2008, 07:08 PM
No experience with the 150 aside from testing it a the local video seller. I did have an HPX for a spell and I think it was on par with the A1 as far as noise goes. In fact I pulled a ton of footage from other cams and they were all about the same. I'll have to pull the 150 footage again though to check. I don't think either of the new Panny cams are that far off though. Nothing that isn't apparent in most everything you see on television or DVD though.