PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Camera

tek777
12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Hello dvxusers:

I am looking to purchase a AG-DVX100B, from my novice opinion it looks like the best camera for my small small budget. My old very cheap Camcorder did not have Mic Inputs, let alone a condensor mic. I am interested in the audio aspect of this camera, as much as the video. I really love all the options, and I can't wait because my current camera has next to none. I do have other audio recording equipment, but I would have to sync audio and video together, whats nice about the DVX100B it puts both into one camera, yes I know others do as well. I am interested in making my own DVD, and also for online publishing, as well as helping other with projects.

Anyway, my question is: Where would be the best place to buy a AG-DVX100B? It looks to me like Amazon or Ebay? I am really only considering buying brand new at this time. Where do you guys buy your equipment?

Thank You!

Brian

Andy Olson
12-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Usually buying new, I would say to get it from a reputable dealer like BHphoto or SpecComm. You'll pay a little more but it will be worth it. Amazon should be good though as well.

Buying used you should look at ebay but first take a look at the marketplace here. You'll find great deals from dvxusers who you can talk with and have a little more faith in that you're getting a good deal on a good camera. There are a few in the marketplace right now.

Best,
Andy

tek777
12-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Suddenly, by reading this website I am considering a Canon XHA1. It has HD and it is around the same price. It also seems to have as many or more choices for audio options. Hmm, maybe I should read more post on this site...

I really just plan to do "News Reporter" style filming. I am indecisive at this point on my camera choice. It seems as though the canon may be more for experience users, and have less support? What do you think? I guess you can not rush these kind of decisions. Thanks for your feedback!

thelword
12-22-2008, 09:34 PM
maybe Amazon is a good choice.