PDA

View Full Version : hmc150 lines

nfc565
12-14-2008, 11:22 AM
ok so, im pretty new to hd, and i just uploaded footage to my computer. i used the avchd to dvcpro converter provided by panasonic, then i used cineform to convert it to a useable form. everything works ok, everything is fine, quality is amazing, but there are lines that look like interlacing lines. i shot 1080 @ 24p. i am wondering why when ever something moves in the frame, you can see the interlacing lines?!?! am i doing something wrong?

Green Hornet
12-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes, if you have cineform, bypass the dvcpro step and just convert with HD link
Don't select anything that says pull down or de-interlace, and it should look great.

nfc565
12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
i dont completely understand, i am using the panasonic converter, to convert the files on the camera, to dvcpro, not avi, then i go into cineform HDLink and go to the convert tab, then select all the dvcpro HD clips, and convert them to whatever cineform converts to...
still a bit confused.

nfc565
12-14-2008, 02:14 PM
53 views and only one person can help:undecided

David Saraceno
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Not certain what you why you reference to the number of views without assistance.

I looked at what occurred and your issue, and couldn't respond because we use Macs.

Others do as well.

Have you tried what has been suggested.

nfc565
12-14-2008, 02:46 PM
yea, i looked at what he said, but it doesnt make sense....i havent used cineform in adobe, so im not sure what he means

Thomas Lew
12-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Mac and final cut user. Can't relate. Also.. I don't really understand what you're talking about. I tried to follow but just got lost. Again, might be because I'm a mac user.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2123/2085235793_684c957127_o.jpg

nfc565
12-14-2008, 03:42 PM
ok, so i plug my hmc-150 into my computer via usb 2.0. then i open the AVCHD to DVCPRO transcoder that was provided by panasonic. when i transcode them i get MXF files. then i take them into Cineform aspectHD HD link and just hit convert. then once i convert, the footage comes out in 4:3, and has interlacing lines going horizontally across. if someone could just tell me how to get my footage from my camera to my computer so i can edit it/watch it in its full glory that would be great. i have canopus edius 4, adobe cs4 master suite, vegas 9.0, cineform aspect HD, AVCHD to DVCPRO transcoder, AVCCAM viewer. please help!!!

Green Hornet
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
i dont completely understand, i am using the panasonic converter, to convert the files on the camera, to dvcpro, not avi, then i go into cineform HDLink and go to the convert tab, then select all the dvcpro HD clips, and convert them to whatever cineform converts to...
still a bit confused.

I am saying to NOT use the Panasonic convertor if you are going to use cineform.
You can take the native files from camera into cineform (HDLINK) and convert them to either AVI files or MOV files and then edit them like DV, AND keep the footage 1080 or 720p not a reduced file size that the dvcpro will put on them.

Then in cineform (HDLINK) you don't have to select pull down, as it is native progressive, nor do you have to select to deinterlace, as it is NOT interlaced.

You must have selected to deinterlace, or use a pulldown (in HDLINK) and that is why your footage looks funny.

If you want to still use the DVCPRO convertor, that is fine, just not sure why you would convert the footage twice.

Frame format: should be progressive
Remove 3-2 pulldown should NOT be checked unless you have pull down
Deinterlace 1080i should NOT be checked.

Mike Harvey
12-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Here is the link to Cineform's instructions on how to convert AVCHD to Cineform (http://www.cineform.com/products/TechNotes/AVCHD_FileConversion.htm)

Green Hornet is right... bypass DVCPro altogether as it is unnecessary.

nfc565
12-14-2008, 05:00 PM
:dankk2:ok thanks a lot, im going to tinker with it, but i will try out all suggestions on here, i really appreciate all the help guys!!!